Chapter 35 - Are you treating me as your sex toy?

Comincia dall'inizio

"I do. Because no matter how much I try to push you out of my thoughts, I still couldn't. I miss you so much," he confessed hoarsely and reached out to wrap his arms tightly around her waist. He dropped his forehead on her shoulder. "You could never imagine how much I long for you and despised my idiot younger self for letting you go. I have suffered years of sleepless nights after you left, and I never allowed anyone to replace you in my heart."

This side of Sean that apologized and admitted his fault was one she had hardly seen. But their apology could not solve their problem. Ashley sighed and prepared to push him away. "Sean, you can't-"

"I honestly tried, against my fucking heart and ignore the sickening taste on my tongue, to have a relationship with Jean. But I couldn't, when I keep on remembering you and your tears when you leave our home, and me."

"But Simon-"

"I've slept with Jean once, before officially meeting you. I would never cheat on you. Jean... she begged me to erase Mason from her heart and we did it once, only to find we just don't match."

His latest confession had finally rendered her mute and her heart bursting from the swelling joy. No one had ever told her how far along Jean's pregnancy was when she was told the other woman was pregnant. Ashley had only started dating Sean for five months before they hot headedly and decisively tied the knot.

Ashley blinked her wet eyes and sniffed. "Sean, I-"

She does not know what she was going to say, which was a good thing that Sean was not patient to wait for her answer when her expression told him her answer plenty enough. He captured her lips hungrily and breath her in as if she was his oxygen.

Honestly, she felt the same way now towards him. She kissed him back as hard as he gave, feeling as if she had regained the part of her that she had lost after leaving him.

Humans make mistakes, and so does Sean. Just knowing they had done the deed before he started dating her truly erased most of her grievances. Like a woman thirsting for a man, she was able to find it in her heart to give their relationship another chance.

That was if he would still want her after knowing the truth on her side.

"Dinner is ready!" Kyle suddenly called out, breaking the sweet atmosphere between them. "Really, keep your hands off each other, and remember to wash your hands!"

Ashley glanced at the door and confirmed it was still closed. How had Kyle known they were doing something naughty? She smacked the hand moving up to her bra and pushed Sean to the door.

"I'm going to wash my face. Go out."

"Am I forgiven?"

Ashley stopped her tracks. "Yeah." She quickly locked the bathroom door behind her to stop whatever Sean might say next.

She heard light footsteps approaching the bathroom, just as her heartbeat rose.

"I won't allow you to leave me again." With that sentence, Sean leaves her bedroom.

Ashley splashed cold water onto her face to ease the heat gathering onto her face. But her effort was doomed to fail when she kept on being reminded of what Sean said, and her face grew redder and redder.

"What the hell. You are not a teenager facing her first crush!" She scolded her own reflection, but her mirror image looked way too happy to be bothered by her scolding.

After she finally controlled her expression and galloping heart, she went to get her dinner. Sean and Kyle were watching the news. She caught Sean's eye when she passed them, and she hurriedly looked away. She was very conscious of the gaze trained onto her back as she moved into the kitchen to hide.

Halfway through her meal, her mobile rang. "Can someone pass me the phone? It's in my bag, I think it's on the couch."

Predictably, it was Sean that passed the phone to her. She grabbed it and looked at the name of the caller, which nearly stopped her heart. Raising her eyes, she met Sean's unhappy gaze and confirmed he had seen it.

"Old douchebag? Is it Gio?"

She had tried to sound as usual, but her nervousness caused her to stutter. "N-no."

"Then... someone old that incurs your wrath?" Sean guessed and then asked with a sharp tone. "My father?"

Oh, how was he able to guess that so accurately?!

Ashley's late answer was enough to confirm his guess. "Answer. Put it on speaker."

Her mouth twitched, wanting to refuse, but his gaze looked as if he was about to kill someone. Who knows what he might do if she refuses. Anyway, if the son could handle the father, it might be a good thing for her?

Thus, she no longer hesitated and pressed the accept button before putting it on speaker mode.

Ashley cleared her throat. "Hello?"

"Ashley Summer," Samuel said with an icy tone.

Don't want to wait? You can read the next chapters earlier at my patreon page!

www.patreon.com.chocolily