Chapter 5: Make a Compensation

Compared with the imperial harem full of embarrassment, Emperor Changlong was in a good mood after seeing Hua Changkong.

The heroic subject's descendant has the heart of obedience, looks pleasant and the most important thing is... This child is good at speaking, just like his father.

Not as reckless and direct as the other generals, but also as implicit and restrained as the civil servants, when he praised the Holy Body, he looks like he praised the Emperor genuinely, and his eyes were full of gratitude and admiration for the Emperor.

"When this subject attacked Ke'er City, this subject's father was seriously injured. When the soldiers thought that the battle would be defeated, Your Majesty's reinforcements and supplies had suddenly arrived." Hua Changkong's eyes were red, "Your Majesty's move not only decided the victory of our army against the enemy but also gave hope to the severely wounded Father to survive."

Speaking of which, Hua Changkong was teary eyed as he slammed these praises towards Emperor Changlong. Although the emperor didn't say anything much, Emperor Changlong felt a deep gratitude on him.

"Zhen* met Ying Ting at a young age, like a brother. He was guarding the border of Great Jin and guarded the country for Zhen. When Zhen learned that he was seriously injured, Zhen could not sleep and eat at night. Fortunately, he was secure and safe and finally let Zhen relax."
*Zhen 朕 - I/we, imperial use. Emperor's address to himself when talking to his subjects.

Speaking of which, Emperor Changlong still had some regrets in his heart. Hua Yingting's ability to lead soldiers to battle was a rare one in a hundred years, but unfortunately he could no longer go to the battlefield after this injury.

This is good too. Ying Ting has been guarding the border of Great Jin for so many years. There are countless old injuries on his body, he should enjoy his life. Fortunately, Ying Ting's eldest son was brave and warlike, with his inherited to his father's style, he helped Ying Ting to guard Great Jin's territory. The Emperor was also quite relieved.

Emperor Changlong kept Hua Changkong for a long time and even kept him to eat the royal meal. He was made comfortable by Hua Changkong's passionate but not overly flattery, so he was kept for an hour before the superintendent eunuch Zhao Sancai personally sent him outside the Emperor's palace hall.

"Third Young Master Hua, please pay attention to the steps under your feet." Zhao Sancai bowed to until Hua Changkong walked out of the Chenyang Palace. Hua Changkong arched his hands towards him: "General Manager Zhao please stay, no need to see me out."

"The Third Young Master is polite, this old slave hasn't seen the Protector General of the country for many years. Today, this old slave was fortunate to met Protector General's son, this old slave should give Young Master some face on the account of General Hua and let the old slave accompany Third Young Master for a while." Zhao Sancai smiled, "His Majesty has been thinking of the Protector General all these years, now that Protector General's son just returned in the capital, what is needed or for unfamiliar matters, Third Young Master can tell this old slave."

Hua Changkong knew that Zhao Sancai expressed his familiarity based on the Emperor's attitude. He quickly thanked him, his words regarded Zhao Sancai as his own people.

From afar, Ji Minghao saw the confidant eunuch beside his Father Emperor talking to someone with a smile on his face. When he approached him, he suddenly became speechless.

Wasn’t this the person who made Tian Ruidong apologize yesterday?

"His Royal Highness."

"I don't know whose gentlemen is this..."