72 - 𝙗𝙖𝙗𝙖 𝙗𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙠...𝙙𝙤𝙜?

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Dear Sirius,

Before you tear up this letter, hear me out.

I know you are more mad at me for betraying Aquila than you are about me hiding the truth.

I had no choice, Sirius.

I just hope that you trust me enough and love me enough to come meet me at the house, the one Dumbledore told you about. There's hardly a month left before the baby comes, and there's something I really need to talk to you about before that happens.

As for Aquila, I'm really sorry, brother, but I promise, everything will make sense soon.

I really can't say anything now, they've been monitoring our letters.

With love,

James.

Sirius scrunched up the letter, but then thought better of it. He quickly smoothened it out and put it back in the envelope it had come in. He put some wax on the flap and pressed the Black family ring into it. It had come in the mail, with nothing but a note that said 'from Walburga Black'.

Maybe it wasn't necessary, but somehow, this letter had left a feeling of dread in Sirius' stomach. He didn't need anyone knowing that he was about to visit James.

- - -

He was being followed. He knew it.

Perhaps it was something that came with his animagus being a dog, but he could practically smell the stench of the two - no, three people following him.

Sirius supposed he was flattered that they considered him enough competition to take three men against one.

Right when the block ended, Sirius took a left, the opposite way from James' safe house. Cocking his head to the side to listen to their footfalls, he concluded them safely away before turning into a dog. The world was suddenly sharper, sounds louder, smells. . .smellier?

"It's Black, of course he's going to meet Potter. Don't you remember them at Hogwarts, always grabbing on to each others' tails to walk?" one of the Death Eaters whispered.

Ah. So they noticed Sirius at Hogwarts.

Anyway, he grabbed a copy of some muggle newspaper from the ground, cringed at the awful taste, and set about on tearing it with his teeth, making loud enough growling sounds to scare the Death Eaters away.

If there was one thing most people were afraid of, it was a big black dog looking like he wasn't fed in days.

And true to his assumption, they quickly turned back around and went back the way they came from until their footsteps faded away.