8 - 𝙫𝙞𝙫𝙖 𝙡𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙩𝙨, 𝙤𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙙

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Aquila skidded down the stairs to the boys' dormitory, opening the door to the third year's.

"Rise and shine, boys!" Aquila said, casting an Aguamenti at Rowan, who was sleeping in his uniform, having dropped on the bed after classes, it seemed. She shot a Knockback Jinx at her brother, who was sleeping so perfectly as if he was Sleeping Beauty. She cast an Erecto at Adrian, who was somehow sleeping sideways, with his blond hair flopped on his face.

Three matching groans greeted her, as Rowan sat up in his drenched uniform, Regulus got up from the floor, rubbing his back and scowling at her, and Adrian was sitting up, dazed and wondering how he sat up.

"What do you want? It's a Saturday, Aqua. We're free from all classes," Rowan groaned.

"We, my dear Ro-ro," she said, climbing into the fourth empty bed in their dorm, "have a long day of researching ahead of us!"

"You're much too cheerful for nine in the morning," Regulus grumbled.

"IT'S NINE?" Rowan screeched.

"IT'S NINE?" Adrian gasped as well.

"Shit," they both muttered at the same time, as Adrian got up from his bed and hurried to get dressed, Rowan flopped back on his now wet bed.

"It's much too early to wake up, Avery. Come back to bed, baby," Rowan said, making mock kissy faces at Adrian who gagged and went to the bathroom.

Aquila looked amused. "What was that about?"

Regulus and Rowan shared a grin. "We caught Maria Rosier and Adrian making out in the third floor broom closet yesterday."

"Maria Rosier? As in, Evan Rosier-the-foul-git's sister, Maria Rosier?" Aquila said.

"I told you that's what she would say," Regulus grinned triumphantly.

Rowan waved a hand. "Don't consider it a talent, Reg, knowing what your twin sister is going to say. You complete each other's sentences when you're together, might as well speak each other's dialogues as well."

Aquila and Regulus spoke in unison. "That makes zero sense."

"Much like you two. Now, bye!" Rowan said cheerfully, and pushed the two out of the room and locked it.

"You know we can open this door, right? We're magicians," Aquila called out.

"Heavily talented, too," Regulus added, creating blue sparks from his fingers.

"Mate, don't do wandless shit. That's my thing," she complained, pushing down her brother's hand.

"You might want to get that language of yours in check, Silvertongue," Regulus teased. "Or else you might just spend the whole Christmas in your room."

"Oh, didn't i tell you?"

"What?"

"We're not going home for Christmas."

"What? Why?"

"ImighthaveagreedtohelpoutSiriwiththeHomonculousinexchangefortutoring," she rushed out and ran away.

"WHAT?"

Regulus finally managed to catch up with Aquila, and threw his wand at her. She easily deflected and ran deeper into the library, laughing quietly.

"So we're looking for the to-do for Homonculous, yes?" Regulus asked.

"I don't understand why you bother with outside conversations when it's just us, Reggie," she said, flicking him on the forehead with her quill.

He batted her hand away. "I told you, i don't think it's natural to do that. We really ought to tell Professor Dumbledore or someone like that about this weird thing."

"Tell him what, Reg? 'Oh hello, sir. We recently discovered that while my maniac of a cousin attacked my brother with a lethal dark spell, I accidentally cast a wandless shield that absorbed the impact of the spell. No one noticed except my twin, with whom I can speak with in my mind. Fancy a lemon drop?" Aquila huffed.

Regulus gave her an annoyed look. "In a nutshell, yes, that is what we will be saying."

"I'm sorry, Reg, but I don't trust Dumbledore," Aquila furrowed her brows.

"You don't trust Dumbledore? Who would you rather tell then, Aqi? Slughorn? He's either gonna click a photo with us and stick it on his wall or send us to Dumbledore. Flitwick will laugh nervously and send us to Dumbledore. Sinatra would send us to McGonagall. McGonagall already doesn't like us as it is, would probably scold us and send us off to the Headmaster. At the end, everything ends up with Dumbledore, so we should probably go to him in the first place!" Regulus ranted, trying to catch his breath when he finished.

"Oh yeah? How about we keep this between ourselves, and don't tell anyone, but practice this little trick in secret?" Aquila challenged.

"But it's not just a trick," Regulus hissed.

"We'll see about that. Now, the Homonculous. It's immensely complicated, but I think," she said, ruffling a few papers, "we should be able to do it."

"I think we ought to read it up a bit more, create it for smaller areas first. Even then, I don't think we would be able to cast it on the whole castle at once. We'll need to go in some order. Either we go through the North, East, West and South Wings, or we go floor-wise," Regulus said, scribbling down some plans on a spare sheet of parchment.

"We might need help from the band of four to carry out the process. As much as I hate to admit it, none of them are bad at charms," Aquila said, jerking her head to the side to push a strand of her hair away from her face.

Regulus nodded, shifting aside a few pieces of parchment and some books, and jotted down some important points in an elegant scrawl.

"So we're solid on this plan? Yeah? Good," she said when Regulus nodded.

The pair of twins headed down to the dungeon for a bit, gave a greeting to Professor Slughorn, and fooled around the potions laboratory a bit.

As they completed the final steps to a Calming Draught, Professor Slughorn came into the lab to see what the two students were up to.

"Ooh, a Calming Draught! Ah, lovely, absolutely lovely, Mr. and Ms. Black. You can leave this right here, I'll transfer it to my stores," Slughorn beamed.

"Of course, thank you sir," Regulus smiled and turned to Aquila. "You have to go to the library for your tutoring session."

"Sir, yes, sir!" Aquila saluted, and with a wave in Professor Slughorn's direction, left the dungeons to her first ever tutoring session with James Fleamont Potter.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

i wonder how james survived with a middle name like fleamont

i mean, my middle name's moon, and people still somehow used to make fun

i just love ol' sluggy if it's not evident

and guys, i'm still missing the comments PLEASE i would love to hear you all!

like so ive seen people doing this, and dont make me, but i'll put a marker of like, at least 30 comments for the next chap

anyhoo, now that we're done with threats,

hope you likey, you know the dance, vote comment share, till then, ta!

hy