21 - 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 𝙭 3

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Aquila, as it turns out, did not feel the connection.

James had attempted once or twice to talk to her about something or the other, to at least make sure that she had felt it too, but unfortunately, he had witnessed Aquila look at him, nod her head once, and return to talk to whats-his-face.

James was, decidedly, unhappy with the turn of events.

- - -

Aquila, as it turns out, was scared, and terribly so.

James had called her, not once, not twice, not thrice, but a grand total of four times before he gave up. She had felt terribly guilty while doing so, but she had seen no other option besides ignoring him.

Aquila was, decidedly, unhappy with the way things had to be.

- - -

Aquila, as it turns out, was very obvious, too.

But perhaps Regulus could be faulted for reading far too much into the situation. But if there was one thing Regulus was, it was aware of his sister. He knew it wasn't homesickness he was feeling in the morning as they waved to Sirius and James sitting on the Gryffindor table and Aquila's smile slightly dimmed before disappearing completely.

He knew it wasn't holiday-blues he was feeling when they were talking to a first year who was friends with Rookwood, and James looked hopefully in their direction only to dejectedly look away as Aquila pointedly kept her gaze fixed on little Otto Bagman.

Regulus was, decidedly, determined to find out what happened.

- - -

Sirius, as it turns out, was not as big a fool people gave him credit for.

Well, yes, he was, but fuck if he didn't know when his brothers were unhappy. James had been dull the whole day, which was surprising as Sirius had fully expected a full interrogation from James about the night before, only to find a sullen looking James picking at his food at breakfast the next morning.

Sirius did not like it one bit.

Throughout the day, Sirius vowed to observe his brother. Well, vow he did, but he got distracted. But not distracted enough to not notice his friend look deeply crestfallen at the rejected greeting from his siblings.

Wait, didn't Regulus wave at him back? Then why was James - Aquila? No, it can't be.

Wait, can it?

Oh shit, it is!

Sirius was, decidedly, disgusted at the thought of his friend and sister. 

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

and thus comes the end of the what even trilogy!

woohoo

yk i was contemplating the future of trouvaille, and the question is

to kill or not to kill regulus?

thoughts?

oh, and all this protective brother crap BARELY happens

my brother could gossip with me about the guy i like like a proper girl and then hit me upside the head for liking his friend

it's more bro code than anything i think

maybe he's just weird

hy