Chapter 26 - A List of Questions

Start from the beginning

"Pbft- is it really that important?" Y/n laughed. Jason nodded in a serious manner.

"If we have to intimidate and give the talk you know, brother things."

Y/n shook her head, "Well, if you really want to, I'll get them to come over for dinner." and with that Y/n walked away, leaving the boys in chaos, forgetting with the sudden news that Y/n was pronounced dead to everyone in the wizarding world.

════════════

"What's with the extra plate Alfred?" Bruce asked after returning home and sitting at the dinner table.

"Miss Y/n is bringing over her gala date for dinner." Alfred responded with a smile. Bruce returned the smile and noticed the boys who were watching the interaction in silence. He decided to tease them a bit.

"That's good. Do you have (favourite food) prepared? You know that's their favourite."

Alfred nodded, "I do, all is prepared."

"Father." Damian stated, causing Bruce to look at him. Tim finished what Damian was going to ask.

"You already met Y/n's date!?"

"Yes, I have, and I want you boys to be respectful, alright?"

Damian hesitantly nodded as Dick and Tim reluctantly gave their word. Jason shrugged.

Y/n entered the dining room with a smile and the boys turned to face her right away.

"Wait, Y/n, where's your date?" Dick asked and Y/n paused where she was and went to look behind her.

"Oh! I guess they must be shy. Wait, I'll get them."

Y/n turned around to the door, seemed to grab a hand, smiled and entered the room...

.

.

.

...with a floating mirror.

"OH COME ON!"

════════════

Second, and easiest to ask about on the list,

- The Creature Reserve

"Really? You want to know more? Wait! I'll be right back." Y/n rushed to her room as her family waited in the living room. She came back with a few different notebooks and scrapbooks.

"You know, my Lola's company, Bowtrufful, is a combination of a magical creature, the Bowtruckle and the word beautiful. See here, this is a Bowtrukle in Harry's hair, his name is Frizz."

The boys eyed the moving pictures and flipped through the books as Y/n acted like moving pictures were normal. They didn't question it and just answered their own question, 'it's just magic.'

"Who is taking care of the reserve now?" Bruce asked.

"Oh, well, the reserve is mostly self-sustaining, but occasionally, I have my house elf Zooky give a check up on all the creatures."

Dick looked up from the scrapbook on his lap "A house elf? Like Santa's elves?"

"I guess. They're like servants, Hermione says their working as slaves and I can see where she's coming from, but they like serving. Besides, I've tried to free Zooky many times, but he starts crying and asking what he did wrong begging to stay, so I stopped doing that."

"Can we meet him?"

"Sure! Zooky!"

Suddenly, in front of them came a 'pop!' and Zooky appeared. "Miss Y/n called for Zooky?"

"Zooky, let me properly introduce you to my new family." Y/n smiled. She knew her family was going to love and get along with Zooky too.

════════════

This point on the list wasn't expected to be answered, but the batfamily got lucky to get an answer to,

- That Time When Y/n Disappeared

It was another night with another nightmare, and Damian silently slipped into his sister's room and carefully climbed on her bed. It seemed Y/n was still not fully asleep or in a coma at the moment since she sensed his movement and opened her eyes.

"Nightmare?" Y/n whispered as she made eye contact with Damian, reaching out to hold his hand. He took it as he pulled her blankets over the both of them. Y/n didn't need a response, she already knew it was a nightmare. Damian came over every time he did.

They both lied down in silence, awkwardly looking each other in the eye before Damian broke eye contact and whispered, "Where did you go that day?"

"That day?"

"That day you disappeared. December the 28th. You came home for Christmas on the 26th."

Y/n let a short breath escape her nose before turning around, "Goodni-"

"You brushed it off last time, but I want to know." Damian insisted, gently holding his sister's arm. "Please Ukht. You won't have to tell the others, I'll tell them for you if you want."

Damian watched as her shoulders raised then fell as she let out another breath. He could make out her slow nod in that dark and Damian silently waited for an explanation.

"My magic... I've learned... it is much more... different from the others. I can do things without my wand that a wizard or witch couldn't do, even if they tried to learn it. When I learn something new about my powers, it happens unexpectedly that sometimes, I don't even know that it was me." Y/n hesitantly explained as she turned around to face Damian again.

"So when you disappeared, it was part of your magic awakening?"

Y/n nodded, "Something like that, yeah."

"So then... where did you go?"

"Another universe."

"Huh? But... but why? Why would-"

Y/n patted Damian's head, making him stop. "Maybe it's universe needed me, I don't know. When I was there, everything felt... the place... no, the universe felt weird. But when I finished... doing something, it felt right again. And a few hours later I was sent home."

Damian took both of Y/n's hands and gripped them. "I don't want you to go."

"I told you already, I'm not going anywhere soon. And you have the compass I gave you."

"How can that even help?" Damian rebutted, but paused when Y/n removed herself from his hands and left one out, silently asking for the compass. He sighed, reached into his shirt, removing the compass that now had a chain acting as a necklace, hidden under his clothes the whole time. He removed it and gave it to Y/n's open palm.

Y/n grabbed her wand and Damian's eyes widened, about to stop her but was too late as Y/n already muttered a spell and placed the wand away. "Y/n-"

"Look."

And he did look. Along with the normal compass arrow pointing north like Damian was used to, were other arrows that had small letters on them. DIC, pointing across from Y/n's room to Dick's room. JAS, pointing towards where Damian knew was the direction of the front door to Gotham City, Jason wasn't in the manor at the moment. TIM for Tim, BRU for Bruce, ALF for Alfred, but one arrow stood out to Damian the most.

This arrow pointed straight ahead, directly at Y/n who smiled as they made eye contact once more. Damian sat up straight. He moved the compass and looked at the arrows, constantly pointing at the respective people, wherever they might be.

"Only our family can see those other arrows, so don't worry if you lose it during patrol."

.

.

.

"Thank you Ukht." 

Family goals, am I right? 

Signed, 
Skyalent

PS. Zooky says hi!