Seventeen

Seolhyun's POV

Without wasting time, I raced down to where Peniel told me Hyejeong was. And on the sidewalk, I saw her. She was lying unconscious.

And as expected, she lost her powers. I looked around and teleported with Hyejeong.

Jimin looked worried. "Pulse is okay," said Jimin. "But I'm pretty worried about her health. Healing? Sure. But I don't think it'll work."

"Why not?" Peniel spoke up for the first time since I went downstairs. "Angels have powers, don't they? You were from.. What was it called? XOX, yeah."

"How did you know about that?" asked Mina, getting out from her room. "Were you spying on us?"

"No," Peniel answered. I read his mind and found out that he was telling the truth. "I read it in a book. You guys can control anything, right? You even have wings!"

"What book?" I asked. No human could've known about us. Maybe a few did, but I was pretty sure I handled it.

"A book on angels," replied Peniel. "You know that I love to read books. And I was interested in an angel book. I know everything about you guys."

Who knew about us? I was pretty sure only angels knew about our own kind. Weird.

Maybe an angel wrote that book and got profit from it.

Hyejeong suddenly held my arm. She was awake, and I was relieved that she was. She murmured something I couldn't hear, so I put my ear closer.

"They're coming. All of them. They're coming after you. They're coming after all of us."

"What?" I asked in disbelief. "Who? Who's coming after us? Ansassins? Yes, I do know. And I'm sure you are too."

"I know," she whispered. "An.. An army of angels. I don't know how many there were, seeing I was drugged. But.. Be careful. S-Sungjae was mentioned in their conversation."

I should've asked her why she could talk as many now, and not before, but that'd sound mean.

"Sungjae?" I asked again. "What does he has to do with this? He—"

I stopped almost immediately after remembering that he confessed to me—in public. And I didn't give him an answer yet.

"My powers," began Hyejeong, "they were taken to—"

"—XOX," finished Peniel.

The door burst open and I expected flames, but Suzy came in. She didn't look like she just returned from a war, but by the aura in the room, she had gone through a rough time.

"Can't you even knock?" I asked. "Oh, you could've just teleported, am I right? Did you know about their powers being sent back to—"

"Ya, ya. I know. And that's not the most important thing." She paused to breathe. "Someone among you guys—AOA—are selling information."

"What?" We all exclaimed in unison. Chanmi who was eating grapes chocked on it. And I.. I just felt like I was betrayed.

"Who?" said Mina. "I am no expert in anything, especially math, and I know it has nothing to do with this, but who would betray us? We were kicked out of XOX. We're not fugitives."

Suzy ignored her and continued, "She is selling it to both angels and human. And as much as it hurt to say this.. You're pretty cute, Peniel. After all that I've been through, I finally know how to appreciate boys."

It didn't even surprise me. But, who would sell information to the XOX Government? I was starting to panic, so I made a few international calls.

One's going to America. "Hello, Hani?" I spoke in English, remembering that the angel I was calling was in America.

"Yeah, Seol! Haven't heard from you since.. Forever. What's up? Something I can do? Oh no, don't tell me."

"Yes," I said, after remembering that phone mind reading was one of her specialities. "Ansassins. They're after me. Can the others help too?"

By 'The others', I meant her group, EXID. Many of the angels who went to Earth was either kicked out or willingly chose to live with humans.

And the best part is that all of the angels that I knew were from XOX were idol singers. And there were even guys.

"I'm pretty sure we can," said Hani, "but I know it's urgent. We can't possibly get there under five hours, just like what you're thinking."

She didn't really specialize in teleporting, seeing that she was one of the angels that chose to stay here rather than XOX.

To be continued