Twelve

Peniel's POV

I wish I could accompany Seolhyun for a longer time, but I got a really important text saying:

Peniel, Beast was involved in a huge accident. They're all suffering from minor injuries. But they're still out of ship. And they can't do their comeback stage two days ahead. According to the rules, they have to perform or someone from the same company has to. Since Apink and 4Minute are on a world tour, we decided to finally make BTOB's debut. Tell the others. Especially Six Sungjae.

What I just received was totally unexpected. Emotions flew inside me. Happiness, excitement and even sadness. What'll Seolhyun think about—

Seolhyun.

The last time I've heard about her was when she fainted and Sungjae catched her. I couldn't stay there because I had to inform the others—excluding Sungjae.

After telling the others, I headed towards the exit but Minhyuk insisted for me to stay and practice with them.

Seolhyun's POV

Okay, seeing Mina all beaten up was the most unexpected thing. Or, did she beat herself up?

I can't let my guard down around her. Conscious or unconscious, she's dangerous. (Well, to me).

"I gotta go," said Sungjae. "I have to practice. I'll debut in two days. I wish I can stay, but no. I can't."

"Like I care. Go and—wait, what? Debut? You?" I asked in disbelief. I sighed out loud. I thought he was only a Barista.

The next two days, I got a message from Peniel saying to switch on the TV because he's finally debuting.

I was excited at first, but I threw away the remote after seeing Sungjae and Peniel on the same stage. He lied to me.

And, oh. Forgot to mention. I threw the remote too hard that I made a big hole in the wall. And this is a hospital.

Mina woke up. "A-Anybody? Why am I here? S-Seolhyun?"

The same response as Chanmi when she first woke up. But something else was similar.

"You lost your powers too," I said. "You... You really aren't the kidnapper. But, do you remember anything?"

"Seolhyun!" she hugged me as though we haven't been fighting the day she was kidnapped. "I'm sorry for playing pranks on you. I'm really, really sorry!"

"Ugh, whatever," I said. "But.. your powers are gone."

"What? No way, that's impossib—" she stopped. "It.. It was an angel. She didn't do anything to harsh on me. But.. Hyejeong tried to escape which made the angel angry and gave her a scar."

That explained the blood on the knife. This angel we're dealing with isn't the typical type. It was a highly trained ansassin. (That's what we call angel assasins).

"C-Can I see Chanmi?" asked Mina. "I.. I was wrong telling her that everything'll be alright. I-I—"

"No," I said. "Don't tell me it's your fault. I'm tired of hearing that. Now, let me get Chanmi."

I walked out of the room. Both relieved and worried. Hyejeong wasn't dead, that was a good sign. The angel was an ansassin, bad sign.

Peniel's POV

I hurried over to the hospital right after my debut. I hope Seolhyun wasn't too mad.

"Seolhyun!" I said, trying to keep a straight face. "Hey, did you, uh, see my debut stage? It was awesome, right?"

When she didn't answer, I said, "No, Seol. I'm sorry about lying to you about BTOB and Sungjae. I didn't mean to."

Seolhyun's POV

"No, I can't forgive you. I'm sorry. You lied to me." And I lied to you.. about my true self.

I blinked back my tears. I hate crying, and I just kept doing it these days. Am I turning human? Was that even possible?

And like that, we were officially over. I wanted to call Chanmi, and I saw Suzy laughing with her.

No, I sensed something more weird. I sensed an angel in Chanmi's ward.

To be continued