Thirteen

Seolhyun's POV

I entered Chanmi's ward, still confused at the angel sense. And I found Jimin sleeping. For a moment, I thought Suzy was the angel. Guess not.

"Oh!" exclaimed Chanmi. "Seolhyun, how's Mina? Is she okay? Did she remember anything?"

"Er..." I said, still looking at Suzy. She still seemed suspicious. "Yeah. She wants to see you, by the way."

She quickly got to her feet. "Come on Suzy. I'm sure Mina would want to meet you too."

We entered Mina's ward. And Sungjae was sitting there, wearing a sad expression.

"Let me guess," I said. "Trying to hit on Mina? Or.. Practicing your acting?"

He got up. "No," he said. "I'm.. I'm sorry about you and Peniel. I'm also sorry I lied to you. That I helped him lie to you."

That was the first time I saw him serious. When I didn't answer, he took the opportunity to hug me.

I was too shocked to even breathe. "Note that I might have feelings for you," he whispered and left.

I lost the strenght in my legs, which resulted me collapsing to the ground. I didn't lose consciousness, just simply shocked.

"Hey!" shouted Suzy. "Someone call a doctor! Seolhyun needs help!"

I really needed help. Someone who can fix broken hearts. I didn't notice that I was crying.

Peniel.

Sungjae mentioned Peniel, and that's why I cried. Gosh, I already miss him. Why did I broke up with him?

No, it was the right thing to do. Peniel can't be anywhere near the currently unknown ansassin.

I got up by myself and Suzy brought me out. "I am no professional, but are you heartbroken?" she asked.

"Yes, no. Maybe?" I said. I wasn't even sure if I were an angel or a human. "Peniel.. He—"

"Tell me everything," said Suzy. "I can help you. You can trust me. I promise I won't betray you.. like Peniel did."

Ouch, Peniel. Why can't I get him off of my head? But still... That angel scent still linger whenever I'm around Suzy. Even if I look closer, I couldn't see her angel fangs.

Then, a doctor came. I've never met her, but I've seen her on TV and couldn't remember her name. "Oh, hello Suzy. I thought I heard you calling for a doctor. And this one is an ange—"

"Oh, Fei," Suzy said and laughed. "I-I did, but now she's okay. Right? And, oh. Seolhyun, meet Fei. She's one of Miss A's members and also a doctor."

"Nice to meet you," I said and shook her hand. Now, the angel scent got stronger and stronger. I just thought that maybe it was just me.

We turned at a corner, and Sungjae stopped in front of me. He managed to get rid of his earlier sad expression and wore his trademark stupid smirk.

"Hi! Sungjae, what are you doing here? I thought you were crying or something. Weren't you sad because of their breakup? Aren't you—"

"Stop," I said. Suzy was too talkative. "And Sungjae, what business do you have with me? No. What right do you have to stop me—"

"Sshh," he said, putting a finger on my lips. "Dudiet, you talk too much. Much more than Suzy. No offense."

Like somekind of invisible message floated around the air, Suzy and Fei disappeared. Well, out of my eyesight, at least.

"What?" I asked Sungjae. "I'm tired of your stupid jokes. And I'm not in the mood to talk to you. Let alone—"

He suddenly knelt in front of me and held something that looked like a bouquet of flowers. I gasped.

"S-Sungjae—"

"Will you, Kim Seolhyun, be my girlfriend?" When I didn't answer, he added, "I know it seems a bit cheesy, but you're not talking with Six Sungjae. You're talking to the real Yook Sungjae. The one who only loves Kim Seolhyun."

Peniel's POV

I came to see Seolhyun and try my luck again. I know she won't take me as a boyfriend again, but I hoped that we could be friends. Just friends.

I saw her standing, while gasping, I think. I wanted to greet her, until I saw Sungjae. He was kneeling in front of her, while holding a bouquet of flowers.

I quickly hid behind a wall and secretly cried. My heart was in pain. And Sungjae.. he took Seolhyun away from me.

Sungjae's POV

At last, Seolhyun said, "I'm sorry, but I don't think I can accept you now. Maybe.. Maybe I need some space. Well, you know. After what happened..."

"Yeah," I said, a little disappointed. "Sure. I totally understand. Don't worry. I can't believe I'm saying this... But I'll wait for you."

To be continued