Professor Moody, dancing ferret and more champions?

Start from the beginning

"So what?" said Harry. "look we don't want to get Sirius worried alright. He's not going back to Azkaban because of me. Wouldnt you have done the same thing" 

Rigel tried to get a retort but didn't reply.

Herbology was their first-class where they had to squeeze the pus out of Bubotubers. Rigel couldn't even squeeze without gagging at the stench.

A booming bell echoed from the castle across the wet grounds, signaling the end of the lesson, and the class separated; the Hufflepuffs climbing the stone steps for Transfiguration, and the Gryffindors heading in the other direction, down the sloping lawn toward Hagrid's small wooden cabin, which stood on the edge ofthe Forbidden Forest. 

Hagrid was standing outside his hut, one hand on the collar of his enormous black boarhound, Fang. Rigel was always a dog person and grinned at the duo.

"Hi, Hagrid!" Eliza exclaimed, and leaned down to hug Fang, who licked her face. "Hi Fang, have you missed me? Aww, you're so cute, aren't you?"

"Been alrigh', Eliza? Rigel" Hagrid asked, looking happy to see the two students.

"Brilliant," Rigel said. "Hagrid what on earth are those?" he exclaimed, looking into one of the crates by Hagrid's feet. They looked like weird, demented, shell-less lobsters or something

"You'll see," Hagrid said cheerfully. 

Rigel and Eliza looked at each other. 

"Mornin'!" Hagrid said, grinning at Harry, Ron, and Hermione."Be'er waiting for fer the Slytherins, they won' want ter miss this — BlastEnded Skrewts!" 

"Come again?" said Ron.

 Hagrid pointed down into the crates. 

"Eurgh!" squealed Lavender Brown, jumping backward.  

"On'y jus' hatched," said Hagrid proudly, "so yeh'll be able terraise 'em yerselves! Thought we'd make a bit of a project of it!"  

"And why would we want to raise them?" said a cold voice

The Slytherins had arrived. The speaker was Draco Malfoy. Crabbe and Goyle were chuckling appreciatively at his words. 

"Is that what your mum said about you the day you were born?" Eliza said loudly, causing the Gryffindors to roar with laughter. Dean high-fived her, and Ron looked especially joyful. Malfoy looked pissed because he had nothing to say. 

"Shall we get you to Madam Pomfrey to treat that burn, Malfoy?"  Rigel said cheerfully.

"Alrigh', alrigh', settle down," Hagrid said, a tiny smile on his face. "Yer jus' feedin' em today. Now, yeh'll want ter try 'em on a few different things, this is my firs' time havin' 'em. Not sure what they'll go fer."

"First pus and now this," muttered Seamus. 

Nothing but deep affection for Hagrid could have made them pick up squelchy handfuls of frog liver and lower them into the crates to tempt the Blast-Ended Skrewts. Rigel couldn't suppress the suspicion that the whole thing was entirely pointless, because the skrewts didn't seem to have mouths. 

They even started to explode. A few people got stung, and some even got burned. Rigel was one of those unlucky people and he promised himself to get a Burn-Healing Paste

For lunch, they sat down at the Gryffindor table and helped themselves to lamb chops and potatoes. Hermione began to eat so fast that the four stared at her.