Chapter 18

Third POV:

"There's only one way over there. Raptor must be up ahead." Amber said.

"However, it looks like the only way we can catch up is if we glide." She said.

"But there's a ton of enemies to below... They'll definitely attack us after we take off." Paimon said, looking at the hilichurls.

"If we're gonna do this, we'll have to glide and defeat them in one fell swoop... Y/n, you still had one stage to go in your exam, right?" Amber asked.

"Yeah, but what's that got to do with anything?" Paimon asked Amber.

"How about we make this the third and final stage of your gliding exam, Y/n?" Amber said.

"Are you sure that's how the exam is supposed to go!?" Paimon asks.

"It's a custom version of the exam for Y/n, designed by yours truly! Besides, the normal version of the exam wouldn't be fit for the hero of Mondsadt herself!" Amber said.

"So, what do you say, Y/n?"

"Watch Y/n nail this exam." Y/n said.

"Woohoo! Good answer. Y/n, prepare for take off! Raptor awaits you once you defeat all these enemies, then that gliding license is yours!" Amber said.

Y/n put her glider on, and Amber put on hers too. Y/n and Amber went to the wind current and started gliding. Y/n drops some bombs on to the hilichurls and avoid getting hit at the arrows.

As Y/n finishes defeating the enemies, the three of them went to a different rooms and continue to find Raptor.

"It looks like there's no way across... Ugh, he must be around here somewhere." Amber said.

"Amber, over there!" Paimon pointed at Raptor across the room.

"If you insist on chasing me, so be it... Huh? Who brought these two little girls?" Raptor asked.

"You must be Raptor! You can't escape!" Amber said, as she puts her hands to her hips.

"Haha, I don't need to escape! There's no way you can make it over here." Raptor chuckle.

"Oh... It is pretty high... and quiet far..." Amber said.

"Oh, little girl, why don't you run along home now and let your leader deal with this? Don't worry, I promise that once the Grand Master gets here, I'll surrender immediately! Haha!" Raptor said to Amber.

"Hey, watch it! You're talking to a Knights of Favonius Outrider! You'll be sorry when I arrest you!" Amber said.

"Let's examine our surroundings, just like you taught Y/n." Y/n said to Amber.

"...You're right. Ugh... He's right there in front of us... If only we could glide across." Amber said.

"Some kind of mechanism?" Y/n asked, tilting her head a little.

"I don't see a mechanism, and I have a good eyesight. Besides, there's nowhere on the ledge that you could build one." Amber said.

"Bye-bye, kiddos..." Raptor said.

"Oh no! He's getting away!" Paimon panicked.

"We can't hesitate any longer. The only way to get across is to glide there." Amber said.

"But... but..." Paimon trailed off.

"Don't worry, I'm the Gliding Champion of Mondsadt, remember! If Raptor can do it, I can do it too." Amber said.

"Oi, Outrider! You have less chance of surviving this than jumping off the Anemo God statue in Mondsadt without your wind! Haha!" Raptor said to Amber.

"Y/n is with Miss Amber." Y/n said.