Chapter Eleven

Sally’s P.O.V

We arrived at the club dad got out came round and we walked up.

“Hey Tony remember me?” some girl said “Sure don't” dad said “What's the world coming to when a guy's got to crash his own party?” dad said.

“Look at you two Hey what a surprise” Obie said “I'll see you inside” dad said as I started to walk off Obie grabbed my arm then turned to me and dad and said.

“Hey Listen take it slow all right I think I got the board right where we want them” Obie said “You got it Just cabin fever I'll just be a minute” dad said.

“Give me a Scotch I'm starving” dad said “Mr and Miss Stark’ some guy in a suit said “Yeah” dad asked “Agent Coulson” the Agent said.

“Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah the guy from the” dad said with completely no clue hell nether did I.

“Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division” the Agent said “God” I said I knew it was long but God.

“God you need a new name for that” dad said “Yeah, I hear that a lot” the Agent said “Listen, I know this must be a trying time for you, but we need to debrief you There's still a lot of unanswered questions, and time can be a factor with these things Let's just put something on the books How about the 24th at 7:00 pm at Stark Industries?” the Agent said.

“Tell you what you got it You're absolutely right Well, I'm going to go to my assistant, and we'll make a date” dad said I looked over at mum and saw her in a dress with no back I sat there for I bit playing on my phone when the reporter came over ‘oh no why didn’t I just stay home’ I thought.

“Wow Sally Stark” the reporter said “Oh, hey” I said “Fancy seeing you here” the reporter said “Carrie” I said just to piss her off I couldn’t care less what her name was “Christine” the reporter said.

“Yeah” I said “You have a lot of nerve showing up here tonight” she said “why me aren’t you pissed at my dad” I said in total confusion.

“Cause I was referring to your company's involvement in this latest atrocity” she said “Yeah They just put our name on the invitation I don't know what to tell you” I said.

“I actually almost bought it hook  line and sinker” she said “I was out of town for a couple months, in case you didn't hear” I said “Is this what you call accountability? It's a town called Gulmira Heard of it?” she said giving me a heap of photos.

I looked throw them “When were these taken?” I asked “Yesterday” she said “I didn't approve any shipment and I know my dad didn’t” I said.

“Well, your company did” she said “Well, I'm not my company” I said Then dad walked over and saw me with the reporter I told what happened then showed him the photos we got up and went to see Obie.

“Please, do you mind?” Obie said to the photographers “have you seen these pictures?” I said shoving these in Obie face really pissed.

“What's going on in Gulmira?” dad said “Sally, Tony you can't afford to be this naïve” Obie said “You know what? I was naive before, when they said ‘Here's the line. We don't cross it this is how we do business’ Are we double-dealing under the table are we?” dad said loudly.

“Let's take a picture. Come on Picture time!” Obie yelled “Guys Who do you think locked you out? I was the one who filed the injunction against you It was the only way I could protect you”

I was so pissed I stomped on his foot with my foot that was in its metal cast and said “ops tripped” I said “oww” Obie groaned he turned to me and he looked just about ready to kill me dad got in front of me and cameras began flashing everywhere.

Obie left and dad just stood there in shook “dad” I yelled trying to get his attention he then went out of shook and looked at me “come on” he said putting his arm around my shoulder and we headed to the STARK  4 hopped in and headed home.