Chapter One

Sally's P.O.V

I woke up to books being thrown on my desk "Miss Stark how many times do I have to tell you not to sleep in class?" the teacher asked.

"I don't know about as many times as I've fallen asleep in class" I said back "stay behind after class" she said "Can't I have plans" 

She ignored me and continued on with the lesson answering an equation that was on the board using the answers in the back of the book typical.

After what felt like hours the bell finally rang, I picked up my bag and left not caring that I had to stay behind.

I put on my sun glasses and meet up with my friends and we left the school to go have something to eat somewhere else because the food in the cafeteria is disgusting.

We walked to Starbucks I paid for a hot chocolate and cake then sat down and ate. "Are you going to Jessica's party on Friday" holly asked "Sorry I can't I'm leaving tomorrow" I said simply.

"Any chance you can tell us where?" Joe asked "Nope Rhodey said I couldn't safety reasons and all" I said truthfully.

"You have an incoming call from Miss Potts" JARVIS informed from my watch "oh god what did I do this time?" I muttered to myself as I pulled my phone out of my bag "hey mum what's up?" I said casually. 

Peppers not actually my mum but is the closest thing I have to one as my real mother dropped me off at dad's doorstep when I was only a few months old. 

"Where are you? I'm coming to pick you up" mum said "Starbucks" I replied hanging up a sigh escaping me. "Why are you leaving?" my friends questioned.

"JARVIS schedules for today" I ordered confused as to what that was all about. "Right away Miss, your father's reciving an apogee award late tonight that you're not attending besides that you have nothing else scheduled miss" JAVIS informed

"Well then I have no clue" I replied as we began discussing our plans for the rest of the week. I saw mum enter the cafe with Happy. I waved them over as I stood up gathering my stuff and said bye to the girls. 

I picked up my hot coffee and follow mum and Happy out to the limo. "Not that I'm complaining but why did you pick me up" I asked mum getting into the limo.

"School called your suspended" mum said not at all happy "Again."

"For what?" I yelled "all I did was fall asleep in class" I said "and back chat a teacher skipped a detention and all the stuff you did the last two weeks" mum said rasing her voice.

I groaned and sunk into the car seat, texting my friends what had happened and I wouldn't be at school for a while.

After I had finaly gotten home I headed down to the basement, typing in the passcode I saw dad working on his car. AC/DC blasting through the room as I walked in "Hear you got suspended again"

"My math teacher rely needs to calm down he is way too strict" I yelled over the music as I made my way to my car that I had been working on for the last few weeks. "I don't even know why you bother with school" Dad yelled back. 

---

"Miss Potts has finished making dinner" JARVIS informed "I'll be up in a sec"

I slid out from underneath the car, grabbing a rag from the table and began attempting to clean off the grease from my arms face trying to look somewhat presentable for dinner. I looked over at the clock realising it was 8pm and I hadn't even noticed dad had left having being completly zoned out and focused on my work. 

As soon as I had finished dinner I headed straight back down to the basement "don't work to late remember you're going to the weapons demonstration tomorrow." mum called out behind me. 

"Yeah I know" I called back as I typed in the code and went into the basement.

After I had finished repairing the car and cleaning it up. I took a step back and admired my work I couldn't wait to drive it. Sadly I am too young to get a drivers licence but that had never stopped me driving before.

However I would have to wait for dad to get back if anything went wrong he would kill me. I sighed as I sat down at my desk and worked late into the night on blueprints for the repulsor rays.