Chapter Three

Sally's P.O.V

I slowly walked down the stairs out off the jet rubbing the sleep out of my eyes from behind my sunglasses.

"General" dad said shaking hands with him. "Welcome Mr and Miss Stark we look forward to your weapons presentation" The General said as I walked up.

"Thanks" Dad and I said in unison.

After a short trip to the testing grounds dad began his speech "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say is it too much to ask for both? With that in mind I humbly present the crown jewel of Stark Industries freedom Line. It's the first missile system to incorporate our proprietary repulsor technology. They say the best weapon is one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it. That's how America does it and it's worked out pretty well so far. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee you the bad guys won't even want to come out of their caves." dad signalled for them to fire the missile.

"For your consideration the Jericho" dad said raising his hands after the explosion dad walked of opened the cooler I got out some juice he got a scotch.

"Dad will be throwing one of these in with every purchase of 500 million or more. To peace" I said following dad to the Humvees.

Dad's phone started ringing and I saw it was Obie. I got In a Humvees dad right behind me with three solders.

Rhodey tried to get in then dad said. "This is the fun-vee the hum-drum-vee is back there" I turned the radio onto back in black and we headed out in complete silence.

"I feel like you're driving me to a court-martial' dad said reading my mind "This is crazy what did we do? I feel like you're going to pull over and snuff us. What you're not allowed to talk? Hey, Forrest"

"We can talk sir" Said one of the soldiers.

"Oh, I see so it's personal?" dad and I said at the same time. "No, you intimidate them" Said a women who was upfront driving.

"Good God you're a woman" Dad said. "I honestly I couldn't have called that I mean, I'd apologize but isn't that what we're going for here? I thought of you as a soldier first"

"I'm an airman." she said back. "You have actually excellent bone structure there" Dad said. Oh god.

"I'm kind of having a hard time not looking at you now is that weird? Come on it's okay laugh" dad said.

"Sir I have a question to ask" One of the soldiers said "Yes please" "Is it true you went 12 for with last year's Maxim cover models?" he asked.

"That is an excellent question. Yes and no. March and I had a scheduling conflict but fortunately the Christmas cover was twins" dad explained.

"Anything else? You're kidding me with the hand up right?" dad asked to soldier with his hand raced. "Is it cool if I take a picture with two?"  He asked. "Yes it's very cool" Dad said. "Yeah sure" I said.

He came over and said in between dad and me. "All right I don't want to see this on your Myspace page" Dad said. "What's Myspace?" I asked confused.

"Please no gang signs." Dad said to the soldier who making a peace sign he put his hand down then dad said. "No throw it up I'm kidding. Yeah peace I love peace. I'd be out of a job with peace"

"Come on hurry up just click it. Don't change any settings" The soldier said then the truck in front of us blew up causing me to scream. The solders all jumped out leaving me and dad alone. paralised with fear my heart rate exselerating

Dad looked over at me grabbing hold of my hand "Hey. I need you to calm down just breath" fear evident in his voice. I began focusing on my breathing until something hit our truck. A scream escaped me as I clutched onto dad. 

He grabbed hold of my hand and got out of the truck running into the desert with me struggling to keep up, struggling to breath. 

A bomb landed in front of us with the words STARK Industries plastered on the front. My heart caught in my throat "dad is that..." I stutered not wanting to believe what I was seeing. 

"RUN" he yelled, pulling me out of my paralised state. I began sprinting trying to put as much distance between myself and the bomb that I could but I didn't get far before it went off. 

The explosion caused me to fly through the air and land hastley back on the sand. I felt shrapnal perce through my skin, nothing but pain and fear consumed me as tears escaped my eyes. I looked around trying to find dad praying he was alive. 

I saw him not to much further away unmoving "Dad" I chocked out unable to scream my throat dry. I began shaking as I reached to unbotton my shirt seeing the blood seep through the chest plate.