Chapter 11

To say dinner was awkward would be a severe understatement.

Sure, Sam had expected that it would be somewhat awkward to a certain extent, but nowhere near this uncomfortable.

Neither Wilbur or George, the two primary reasons the two families were eating together, had said anything the entire meal. The two boys were sitting as far away from one another as possible. Wilbur had his head propped on his arm, using his fork to push around the vegetables on his plate. He was seated at the end of the table next to Techno. His brothers seemed worried about him. ; whispering back and forth amongst themselves.

George was seated at the other end of the table, next to Sam himself. He was leaning back against his chair, one arm wrapped around himself as he used the other to pick at his food.

Both teens looked sad.

Phil and Kristen both attempted to start up a conversation.

"So, George." Phil started. "How has the science project with Wilbur been going?"

George let out a soft sigh before responding. "It's been alright. We finished the essay the other night when I was over here. Now it's mostly up to us to finish the model. Which Wilbur agreed to do most of since I did a lot of the essay."

"Oh that's great! Wilbur, how has the model been going?" Kristen asked.

Wilbur didn't respond, continuing to push around the food on his plate.

"Wil, how has the project been going?" Kristen asked again in a voice that sounded slightly annoyed.

Wilbur continues to ignore her.

"Wilbur! Your mother asked you a question." Phil spoke sternly. The tall teen scoffed and rolled his eyes before finally responding.

"It's been fine. Is that what you wanted to fucking hear?" "Wilbur! What is wrong with you!?"

Wilbur rolled his as he stood up. "May I be excused?" He asked, voice just as cold as it was before. Phil nodded and everyone sat in silence as Wilbur stormed up the stairs and slammed the door.

"I'm so sorry for his behavior. I don't know what's up with him." Kristen spoke with an embarrassed laugh.

Sam laughed softly. "It's fine. I'm sure he's a bit of a handful. Especially with the things he does."

"What do you mean by that?" Phil asked, voice tight.

Sam scoffed, thinking the man was joking. "You know what I'm talkin about. Did you really think I wouldn't hear about the rumors? Speaking of which, you should really watch over him better. If he's able to get away with sleeping with half of his school, only God knows what else he gets up to."

His voice was judging and he found himself looking at the people sitting around him. Techno was looking back at him, eyes set in a harsh glare. Sam lifted an eyebrow at him. He wasn't intimidated by the seventeen year old.

Tommy was looking at him in shock, clearly not sure what to think of the man's words.

His eyes drifted to look at Phil and Kristen, not surprised that they were returning his look with ones of anger and disbelief.

He rolled his eyes and turned to George, somewhat taken aback to see his son looking back at him. His eyes swirled with a mixture of several emotions that Sam couldn't decipher. But what he could determine was that the teen was very much not happy with him. He was glaring at Sam as if the man had just torn his world apart.

When George noticed that his father was looking back at him he averted his gaze to the table in front of him and glared at his plate. Sam was about to ask if he was ok but was interrupted but was interrupted by Kristen's voice.

"Get the fuck out of my house." She spoke, her voice cold.

"Excuse me?" Sam asked in disbelief.

"I said to get the fuck out of my house. You do not get to come in here, accuse us of being neglectful parents, and slut shame our son over rumors that aren't even true."

Sam scoffed and stood up. "George, come on" He said as he began to walk away. When he realized George wasn't following he turned and repeated himself in a more firm voice. "George, come on."

This time George stood up, pushed in his chair, whispered something to Phil and Kristen, and then pushed past Sam as he walked out the door.

Sam followed him letting out a sigh as he climbed into the car.

The drive home was somehow more awkward than dinner was. Neither of them said anything.

When they pulled into the driveway George leaned over the center console and took the keys, immediately stepping out of the car and walking up to the house. Sam followed behind him.

By the time Sam had made it inside he heard George's bedroom door slam shut.

I lowkey hate how this turned out but its fine- 

https://discord.gg/A5sFQ5UZVz