Chapter 2

Sam was always sure to keep up with any news that happened in George's school. He wanted to make sure he knew who he would need to keep him away from, who would be good for him to be around, who could pose a threat to him. So when he was grocery shopping and heard four women talking about someone they didn't approve of, he began to eavesdrop.

"Just be sure to keep him away from your daughters." "Trust me when I say we're trying our best."

'Who are they talking about?' Sam thought to himself as he pretended to read the label on a random item he grabbed off the shelf. 'And what did he do?'

He was broken out of his thoughts by the sound of shushing. He looked over to the four that had been talking and saw them whispering amongst themselves, staring at something at the end of the aisle.

He followed their gazes and saw a tall blonde man. He recognized him as the dad of a boy that he knows used to be in George's class. He watched as he grabbed something off the shelf and placed it in his basket, walking back the way he came.

His attention was once again grabbed by the other four parents.

"How could she possibly show his face in public?" "I wouldn't even leave my house if any child of mine did the things his son does."

"What did he do?"

He didn't even notice that he had voiced his question until his name was called.

"Sam! We didn't see you there!" One of the women walked over to him, grabbed him by the arm, and dragged him to where they were talking.

"And to answer your question, his son's a heartbreaker!." the other three laughed, Sam, watching on in confusion. Another one spoke, "Please! That's being too polite! Just call it as it is."

"What do you mean?", Sam asked.

"His sons a whore." "He sleeps around." "Someone new every night!" "Oh..."
-----
Sam didn't know what to think of the information.

After thinking about it he remembers the name of the boy they were talking about.

Wilbur.

He knew he didn't want George around him but was thankful that he didn't have to worry about him getting hurt, because as far as he knew, Wilbur was straight.
-----
'Apparently not.' He thought bitterly to himself as he watched George talk to the aforementioned boy standing on the sidewalk. Even just watching from afar, Sam knew Wilbur was flirting. It was obvious by the way he leaned close to the shorter boy, looking him up and down as George dug through his backpack for something.

He opened the front door in time to catch the end of their conversation.

"What are you looking for exactly?" "A pen." "Awwe you gonna give me your number, pretty boy?"

Sam wanted to interrupt, angered by the flirty tone in the taller boy's voice. Before he had the chance to, however, George responded.

"Obviously," he started, rolling his eyes. "If we're going to work together on a project I need some way to contact you. Now give me your arm."

Wilbur held out his arm, and George pulled his sleeve up and quickly scribbled his number across Wilbur's wrist.

Maybe Sam's job was going to be harder than he thought.