Cecilia, You're Breaking My Heart: Tony Stark x Reader

Start from the beginning

A few minutes later, Steve, Tony and Natasha, now joined by Sam and Clint, burst into Fury's office, the director waiting with his hands crossed on the surface of his desk.

"Figured you'd be in her sooner or later-"

"What has Rumlow got to do with this?" Natasha asked, gritting her teeth as she stood in front of the men, the angriest out of the team at the lies. "What is really happening with Carlos Blade?"

"He's smuggling in millions-"

"The truth, Nick." Tony stopped him, glaring at the older man.

"Let me finish, Mr. Stark." He returned, standing from his desk. "As I was saying, he is smuggling in millions of dollar's worth of powder from Russia." The team watched as Fury sighed, running a hand over his face. "Agent YLN, and most of her team were, and hopefully still are, under the impression this powder was drugs, as that is what most of the suppliers were told."

"What is it really?" Sam asked, glancing at Steve who returned the brief look.

"As you know six years ago, the Tesseract was taken back to Asgard with Thor after the events in New York." Fury opened his mouth to say more but the man grimaced, his expression putting the team on edge. "Unfortunately, remnants of Tesseract particles were found on the streets of New York, and S.H.I.E.L.D was almost certain we'd collected it all, but...."

"HYDRA has it." Fury nodded at Clint's words, the archer clenching his teeth. "Where's the rest of it?"

"Destroyed-" Steve's hand landed on the desk harshly, watching with satisfaction as the director flinched slightly.

"You better be telling the truth, Nick, because if this girl is..." He quickly casted a glance back to Tony who averted his eyes. "If this girl is hurt... or worse? It's on you."

---------------------------------------

"Got a lock on target, Stark?" Tony crinkled his nose, trying to focus inside the window at the tall brunette.

"Negative, he's too far in." Tony responded, pushing himself up and onto the parallel roof. "I'll head in, you guys move in from below, Sam take middle floor."

A series of confirmations echoed through Tony's helmet as he forced his way into the building through the roof door, barging through agents as the fired at his metal suit. He fought his way through the barricaded doors, seeking anything that could lead him to YN.

"Ah, Mr. Stark, what a surprise." Tony sighed, closing his eyes as he turned to Rumlow, his eyes widening as he took in the metal suit he was adorning.

"New suit? I can see where you got inspiration." Rumlow scoffed out a sarcastic laugh, his fists clenching below the weapons attached to them. "Where's the girl?"

"What girl?" Tony shook his head. "Oh, you mean the Agent? Or should I call her... Cecilia?" Tony's teeth clenched, his top and bottom teeth grinding together. "She's... here somewhere, I guess. I haven't really taken much notice."

The two rushed at each other, blast after blast leaving each men's fist, dodging the other as the fought. Eventually, Tony landed a blast to Rumlows head, knocking the helmet from his head and revealing a mangled face. Tony made a face as Rumlow growled, spitting blood onto the floor.

"You aren't going to win." Tony muttered, standing back up straight.

"Says who?" Rumlow grinned, blood falling onto his chin.

"How 'bout me?" Tony gasped as a metal pipe came from nowhere, hitting the back of Rumlow's head and knocking him to the ground.

"Holy shit-"

"Bad guy, right? I didn't misread that?" Tony shook his head, running over to Rumlow's side to cuff his hands before he roused from unconsciousness.

"Nope, yep, bad guy." Tony nodded, heat crawling up his, luckily hidden, neck. "Are you hurt?" YN looked down at herself, her ripped clothing revealing a few bruises and shallow cuts, but nothing too serious.

"Other than my ego? No." Tony laughed, nodding his head. "Fury send you to rescue me?" She asked, following him as he dragged Rumlow back to the roof.

"By the looks of it, you had it pretty much handled, didn't even get to save you from a big scary man." Tony chuckled, tossing a groaning Rumlow toward Steve as he turned back to YN.

"Seems like I stole that scenario." YN whispered as Tony lifted his face shield, finally getting to meet YN's eye. "It's good to see you, Tony."

"You too, Cecilia." YN tipped her head back, crinkling her nose and making Tony's heart fill with warmth.

"That's not going away anytime soon, is it?" Tony shook his head, a small smirk lifting his cheeks. "Can I make it up to you?"

Stepping closer to YN, Tony cocked his head, staring deep into her eyes as he grabbed her waist. "I can think of a few ways."