A Heart to Heal (A Heart to Break PT2): Tony Stark x Reader

"You should really answer your phone."

"You should shut up before I come over there and pummel you." YN responded, glaring at her best friend.

"Jesus! What the hell is wrong with you today?" Sam scoffed, sitting upright on his bed as YN sulked on his futon. "Who's even calling you?"

"It's Tony." YN sighed, falling backwards to grab her phone, staring at the multiple missed calls from Tony Stark himself.

"I thought you guys were, ya know, hanging out?" YN rolled her eyes, letting them fall shut quickly after. "Don't tell me you got the ick already? You guys only slept together like six days ago?"

"No, Samuel, how can anyone get the ick from a man like Tony Stark?" YN muttered, shaking her head. "I'm just scared."

"Of what?"

"Of what?" YN mimicked, scoffing under her breath. "Well, for one, I'm scared to fall in too deep only to be disappointed... again. But I'm also scared I'm not..."

"Over what you saw at the party." YN nodded, rubbing her head. Sam smiled sadly, moving down to sit by his best friend. "Look, I understand what happened was upsetting, and probably really hard to accept. But maybe hanging out with Stark isn't a terrible idea." Sam winced. "I can't believe I just said that."

YN chuckled, leaning her head on Sam's shoulder. "Let's just get married, you promised me that if we weren't married by 30, you'd marry me. That was four years ago." Sam laughed, wrapping an arm around her and pulling her close.

"Sorry, sweetheart, I don't think I'm the man for you." YN groaned, nodding her head. "Now, go and tell Stark you want to see him."

Nodding again, YN heaved herself up, snagging her phone and leaving Sam's room and moving into the kitchen. Selecting Tony's name, she left her phone on speaker moving to the fridge to start making a sandwich.

"Bout time I heard from you, Miss." YN chuckled, her cheeks already being swallowed in red.

"Hi." She murmured, the laugh she got in return making her stomach flutter.

"Hi." Tony returned, sounding as equally flustered. "Have you been avoiding me?"

"No," YN winced, already knowing she'd been caught out. "Maybe." Tony sighed, obviously in place of an itching question. "But, not because I wanted to." YN quickly added, starting to prepare her sandwich. "I just don't want to use this... whatever this is to get over... Bucky!" YN exclaimed, dropping a knife onto the bench.

"Okay, why are we shouting?" Tony asked, but didn't receive an answer as YN stared at the brunette that entered the living room, his blue eyes finding YN's.

"Hey, YN." Bucky said, nodding his head. "Good to see you, I've just come home to get some of my stuff." YN nodded, not hearing Tony scoff on the other end of the phone, presumably jealous of the attention being stolen away.

"Okay, okay, yeah." YN blushed, watching the back of Bucky as he entered his room. Blinking, YN looked down to the phone on the bench, grimacing when she noticed Tony had disconnected the call. "Shit." She whispered. Grabbing her phone again, she ran from the kitchen, swiping her keys from the hook quickly as she passed. "I'm going out!" She shouted, not staying long enough to hear her two roommate's responses.

YN had a grimace on her face the whole way to Tony's tower, her hands patting the steering wheel nervously. She knew she'd fucked up by ignoring him in place of Bucky, but his entrance had shocked her, being that it was the first time she'd laid eyes on him since she'd seen him arm in arm with Natasha at Steve and Sharon's engagement party.

YN raced through the doors of the tower, running to the elevator as the receptionist stood from her chair, yelling to YN that she didn't have an appointment. Sending the woman a guilty smile, YN smashed her finger on the button for the top floor, already knowing Tony wouldn't pass up the opportunity for his office to look down on all of New York.

As the doors slid open, YN stepped out, looking around nervously. She started to walk around the floor, looking for any sign of Tony... or at least someone. "This is classed as trespassing."

YN jumped, spinning around to face Tony, who had an untouched glass of whiskey in his hand. "It's eleven in the morning." YN commented, her brow raised. Tony shrugged, looking down to the glass. "Look, about earlier-"

"You know," Tony interrupted, YN's mouth snapping shut instantly. "At first, I was happy to be the rebound, make you feel good for a few weeks then part ways, but after we spent that morning together..." YN nodded, heat crawling up her neck. "I want to be more than that to you."

"Tony," YN started, trying to sort the words out. "I want that too, I do. But I want to make sure I can do that. I want to make sure I'm not just..."

"Using me?" YN nodded, looking to her hands. "YN, it's okay. I'm happy to go at your pace, but I cannot stand the idea of you dropping me when Barnes comes along."

"It took me off guard, I'll admit. But after the shock wore off, the first thing I thought about was you." Tony's hand stopped on its trek to his mouth, whiskey sloshing around in the glass.

"You did?" YN nodded, a blush heating her cheeks. "When else have you thought about me?" YN blinked before she chuckled nervously, her stomach growing taut.

"A lot, actually." Tony nodded, sitting his glass down and moving toward her slowly. "Tony, not in your office." She warned, holding a finger up in defiance. Tony tutted, grabbing hold of the finger and bringing it to his lips, where he kissed her finger pad.

"Good thing I have a guest bedroom down the hall." Was all he said before hoisting her up by her legs and walking away with her.

-----------------------------------------

"That's weird, right?" Bucky whispered to Sam, watching the couple of the love seat whispering to each other. "Like, out of nowhere, weird?"

Sam shook his head, pursing his lips as he watched the television, barely sparing the pair a look. "Not really, they've been hanging out for a few weeks."

"What? Really?" Sam nodded this time, throwing a fist up when his team scored. "Why?"

"What do you mean why? Because they fancy each other I guess?" Sam shrugged before looking at Bucky suspiciously. "Leave 'em be. YN's gone through enough without you sticking your nose in."

"I'm not going to... I just kinda thought she had a thing for me?" Sam stopped at the same time YN and Tony did, everyone's eyes turning to Bucky, who had spoken a little louder than intended.

"Man, you've really done it now." Sam muttered, slumping in his seat with his hand covering his face.

"I'm gunna head out-"

"No." YN said, stopping Tony before he could move, shocking him slightly. "Don't go anywhere." Tony nodded, feeling YN slide her hand into his, his heart picking up its pace. "Bucky, rest assured, I do not have a single feeling that implicates more than friendship for you." Bucky nodded, shrugging his shoulders. "Come on, Tony."

Following YN toward her room, Tony felt pride grow in his chest as he recalled YN's words. When they settled back on YN's bed, YN with her head on Tony's shoulder, he finally addressed it. "Did you mean that?" He said, running a hand through YN's tresses. "That you don't have feelings for him anymore?"

YN nodded against his shoulder, turning her head so that her chin was resting there and her eyes met Tony's brown. "Every word." She whispered, smiling so brightly Tony thought her cheeks would crack. "I haven't had a single thought that didn't involve you for the last few weeks. Ever since our conversation in your office that day."

Tony chuckled, rubbing YN's cheek and staring into her eyes. "You are so beautiful, Miss." YN blushed, the cheek under Tony's palm heating up. "Let me call you mine." YN chuckled, practically rubbing her face on Tony's hand.

"I already am yours, Tony." She returned, smirking when she heard her lover groan.