Chapter 1: Memories & Truth

- - - - -

A memory was recollected, we were 7. Nested under a newly planted cherry blossom tree in a park.

Tranquil serenity comforted our souls, we rested in a field with no one; secluded from the restlessness of our lives. The baby branches and blooming buds that towered above our 7-year-old heights enshrouded the sun's caressing beams. 

The buds sprouted and unravelled with the desire to live while the old wilting petals, coiled together, were cradled away with the wind's gentle arms.

Tree crickets churned and symphonized, and they croaked mellifluous melodies.

Sasuke's fingers entwined with mine as we leaned against each other, slumped down on the unmarred field of green. His onyx orbs reflected the bundles of the furled pink, and he was mesmerized at the sight.

...

"Sasuke... Someday, will you marry me? When we're older? Under this tree?"

The young raven's eyes widened as the words barely left my mouth; a light tint of pink spreading across his pale cheeks.

"Yes, when we're older. Under this cherry tree."

"Pinky promise?", I asked.

The young boy huffed at my childishness before he felt his lips tense curve, "Pinky promise..."

We linked their fingers together and forged an "unbreakable" bond.

Together we vowed that this ethereal tree would symbolize our love.

Through that bond, we could share our hardships and pain... and from that day on, we were inseparable.