Epilouge

THIS IS THE END MY FRIENDS- THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR STICKING IT OUT WITH ME- ALL YOUR COMMENTS HAVE BEEN SO APPRECIATED- I love you guys so much

You and Rengoku are taking a walk, as is now your habit with him. You mainly talk about inane things, other things a little too hard or too dark to talk about.

"You know," He mentions casually. "Every time my brother writes me a letter, he asks me if i've confessed my love yet."

"Confessed? To who?" You wonder. Rengoku gives you a look like are you really that dumb?

"You, obviously." He says, but he doesn't laugh, looking at you to gauge your reaction.

"Well," You say slowly. "I'm in love with you, so..." You stop. You had said it as a joke, but it was a hundred percent true, you realised. You were in love with Rengoku. His smile, his kindness, the way he stayed.

Rengoku shakes his head at you. "Don't joke about things like this, please." Its more serious than usual.

"I'm not joking, you idiot." He opens his mouth to say something, but you've had enough. You place yourself on tiptoes, wrap your arms around the base of his neck, and kiss him. HIs mouth is soft, and warm, and the kiss is as sweet and gentle as a light summer rain.

Rengoku quickly deepens the kiss, his hands going to entangle themselves in your hair. He pushes you ever so lightly backwards until you are up against one of the gates to the butterfly mansion.

Zentisu walks by, hitting Rengoku on the head. "Do this inside, you perverts." The two of you instantly separate, both of you blushing heavily and slightly out of breath.

"I'm in love with you too!" Rengoku declares loudly, giving you another quick kiss which makes you giggle. From a couple yards away, the two of you hear Zentisu yell, "GODDAMNIT I KNEW IT!"

You and Rengoku catch up with Zenitsu, and the three of you go inside to eat dinner. Tanjiro gives you a look that means he knows, and for the first time in forever, while eating dinner with friends, a small bubble of hope rises inside you.

Hope.

Fin.