Chapter 18

Alex's foot was held in Liam's palm; his foot was not small, but Liam's palm was too wide, and the skin of his foot was also incredibly delicate, reminding one of the words "desirable". The silhouette on the glass door shifted, and the gaze that hid in the shadows made Alex feel like a man on his back.

The handkerchief wiped the dirt from Alex's legs with a lingering shudder and he turned his head to the side, trying to avoid the reflection on the glass door, the bathroom walls made of countless polished tiles, all reflecting his self-deluded face on the reflective surface.

Alex tried to shrink into a ball, the pervasive fear and shame almost overwhelming him.

-- Don't come over.

"What's wrong?" Liam asked softly, "What is Al afraid of?"

-- Please.

Liam dropped his handkerchief and took Alex's pale face in his hands, his fingers pressing tenderly against his cheekbone, those deep eyes gazing at him unblinkingly, as if they could drag out a person's deepest secrets, "Tell me, will you?"

-- Help.

A drop of blood-red liquid seeped from the ceiling, dripping and splashing onto the cold tiles. Alex's shoulders suppressed a shiver with the sound of the bursting drops, remembering the actual nightmare he'd had in the bathroom that first day, and how he was supposed to tell Liam about it at first, without being allowed to reveal that there was a ghost.

He seemed to be going mad.

Mad with fear.

"You haven't been in a good mood this whole time Al, I'm worried about you." Liam's fingers slid over the arch of Alex's brow, stroking it gently over and over again, so gentle a touch, so tender that he wanted to cry.

"Still worried about the funeral car? I've thought of a way, I'll accompany you to the driver of the funeral car and ask him exactly what happened, do you think it's okay?"

Alex almost suspected he was hallucinating, this was one thing he wanted to do so badly, he had just been afraid to act alone due to his fear of Sam and the unknown.

He looked at Liam incredulously, his tear-soaked eyes glistening in the light as if he had been knocked unconscious by a surprise from heaven, "Really?"

Liam smiled gently, "Of course."

"But you have to shoot a scene." Alex hesitated.

"It's still okay to take a day off." Liam stroked his head, "Are you feeling better now?"

He wanted to say thank you to Liam, but he was worried that Liam would ask for a thank you gift, so he carefully kissed Liam on the jaw.

But Liam didn't move, his dark eyes showing no emotion.

So Alex's courage grew slightly, his ciliary map trembling as he kissed Liam raw, sweet breath pouring out onto his face, Alex blushing, eyes closed, and kissing Liam quickly on the lips. And then Alex ended the kiss quickly, his eyes open, his gaze flickering, his ears red, and he said from the bottom of his heart, "You're the best."

Liam moved to half-kneel in front of Alex, that handsome face in a rare moment of lost concentration. When his face was expressionless, the aggressive handsomeness of his features themselves could create such a sense of distance and oppression that Alex didn't notice anything unusual about him for a moment.

Another bloody drop splashed on the floor, the slight ticking sound causing Liam to blink, yan eyes gazing deeply at the slightly apprehensive Alex, he gave a restrained gentle smile as he commended, "Al is the best too."