Chapter 4

Goodnight, kiss?!

Alex was a little confused by the word slammed into him.

"Al," the tidal wave of hot breath exhaled from his mouth poured over Alex's earlobe, the low voice flowing like an undercurrent of lust through a ravine, "Focus."

Alex's left ear tingled uncontrollably at that moment, and he tried to turn his head sideways. His thin lips caught his earlobe in a discontented grip and gave it a slight sip. The tingling sensation swept over him instantly, accompanied by a bit of sharp pain from being knocked against his teeth. A ring of red spread across the porcelain white skin, and Alex's whole body trembled so hard that his shoulders shook. His fingers flexing and curling up pathetically as Liam pecked the ends of Alex's eyes, his cheeks, his chin, his voice soothingly gentle, a different gesture from the way he'd bullied Alex earlier.

"I'm tired." Alex buried his face in the pillow, his shoulders twitching in small unnatural ways, the tiny exposed earlobe already red and swollen, still warm from Liam's lips, "I want to sleep."

Liam said yes, and he turned off the light. After a long time, Alex drifted off to sleep, he did not sleep soundly, his snow-white bare feet poking out of the bedding, his rounded toes repeatedly curling and uncurling.

Alex had a dream.

In the dream Liam has sex with him, his belly grows little by little, and Liam kisses his belly tenderly, telling him that he is pregnant.

He was terrified and wanted to go to the hospital to have an abortion.

Liam look at him sadly and asks him why he wants to hurt their baby.

-- "Look, our baby is crying."

Alex looked down and saw a crying human face imprinted on his belly, a face with eyes, a nose and a mouth that closed wide at the sight of him, the corners of his lips curling up in an exaggerated giggle. Alex awoke abruptly and his eyes opened, his chest heaving violently and a cold sweat breaking out on his forehead. He was hot, but he didn't dare lift the covers and even retracted his exposed feet, the dream was so terrifying that even Liam had become terrifying, and the thought of Liam now sleeping beside him.

Alex turned his head and realised something even more terrifying.

Liam was gone.

Where had Liam gone?

The moment he realised Liam had disappeared, Alex was terrified, a fear that went beyond even the fear of nightmares, and in the darkness he reached for the phone that was on the bed, only to feel something cold and soft.

It was a touch that Alex would never forget in his life.

He froze and he tried to withdraw his hand, but the object was incredibly strong, firmly shackling his hand, and then it took Alex's fingertips. Like a baby sucking at breast milk, it sucked greedily at his blood. It sucked so sharply, so quickly, that it wanted to drain all of Alex's blood and swallow it all with its skin and bones in one go.

Alex opened his mouth wide and let out a silent cry.

He could feel the thing lying next to his pillow, his right hand, which was being sucked for blood, had lost any strength, and this feeling of powerlessness spread throughout his body like a tidal wave. The thing that was desperately sucking blood stopped and released Alex's fingertips, the smell of blood bubbled up, and he closed his eyes, but it was as if he sensed a small head come up to his ear, cold and harbouring unknown malice, and in a sharp, thin voice, it called softly against his ear.