Chapter 12

Alex had no close relatives, he was estranged from his former colleagues, and now that he was freelancing there seemed to be no colleagues either, his thoughts kept turning as Yongjin spoke in the name, and then he heard the last message.

Liam.

The person who slept beside him.

But how could that be possible?

Liam was his biggest sceptre, without Liam he would have been attacked by a ghostly baby on the bus, he had been through life and death several times and each time he had been there in the nick of time. He had experienced life and death several times, and each time it was Liam who appeared at the most critical moment.

Alex frowned as he suddenly felt a twinge of confusion as an afterthought, how strange was it that every time Liam saved his life, it was always at the right time?

From his first encounter with Liam, when he had saved him at the most dangerous moment, what had Liam said at that time?

-- "Al, are you still mad at me?"

If he stands in Liam's perspective, Alex sat in the back row specifically because he was angry and wouldn't sit with him. Why would a gentle and considerate boyfriend take so long to get up and go to the back row to apologise to him? And why was the timing so good, appearing at the exact moment he was about to be killed by a ghost baby?

Liam had arrived at the perfect time when he opened the bathroom door and met the baby ghost; he had woken up in the middle of the night from a nightmare when his blood was being sucked by the baby ghost. He had almost jumped off the building on the instructions of the baby ghost when a phone call from him had woken him up.

Alex felt as if he was slightly possessed.

A million moments about Liam came to his mind, most of them warm and bringing him an infinite sense of security, but then he suddenly remembered the surveillance video Cedric had sent him before he died. Then those warm memories suddenly seeped with the blood of an unsettling implication.

Alex shook his head, trying to clear his head.

Yongjin had said to be careful of those around him, but before he said that, he had also said that he will have a person who would help him, and Liam was more likely to be that person. Leaving the coffin shop, he went to the mobile phone repair shop and turned on Cedric's phone as Alex watched the security footage. He had installed surveillance cameras all over the house and the first one Alex turned on was the bedroom security camera.

In the surveillance, he was lying in bed, sleeping, and Liam appeared to be sleeping too, but zooming in on the video, he could see Liam's eyes open -

He was staring at Alex in the dark.

Alex couldn't help but start to get a chill on the top of his head as he watched the video of himself sleeping unaware while Liam watched him silently from start to finish, it was an eerie silence. He doesn't know how long it took, but Liam in the video suddenly got up and got out of bed, his movements looked gentle, so gentle that he didn't startle Alex. He had thought Liam was getting out of bed to go to the toilet, and he even ignored the creepy feeling and started to get angry, angry at Liam for not keeping his word, yet he didn't leave the room.

He did something that Alex couldn't understand.

Long, slender hands picked up the clothes he had removed, the handsome, cold face buried in Alex's shirt, which covered the upper half of Liam's face, revealing a jawline that was still cold and indifferent.