Prologue

If you've read my other stories you know that I usually make a bio talking about the character, but I've decided I'm going to let his powers be demonstrated naturally. The only pertinent info you need is that he is 18.

(Y/N: Your Name)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd Person POV

"Listen up everyone, we have a stray devil to take care of. From the reports from the Archduke, it has been kidnapping people here in town, and it's up to us to take it out." These are the words spoken by the Ruin Princess Rias Gremory, King of the Gremory peerage, but more importantly, a devil.

In this world the supernatural roams the Earth just as humans do, taking the shapes of devils, angels, and fallen angels

In this world the supernatural roams the Earth just as humans do, taking the shapes of devils, angels, and fallen angels. Rias Gremory is one such devil, the next in line to be the head of the Gremory family, one of the few remaining devil houses after the Great War. Her peerage houses many strong fighters, all with their own talents and abilities. In devil society, the peerages are built using chess pieces, each of them carrying their own special attributes, and at this moment, all but Rias' final Rook has been claimed.

The group teleports away from their base to a warehouse on the edge of the town of Kuoh, the territory controlled by Rias and another devil.

"This place is scary!" The Bishop of Gremory whines. Rias' Rook, a short white-haired Nekomata, puts her hand on the Bishop's shoulder.

"You'll be fine Gasper, just stay behind us." The group enters the warehouse to find their target, a devil who had slain their master, and began running amok on Gremory territory. Rias had a general description of what the devil looked like, and when she and her peerage entered the building, the first thing to catch her eye was the floor and the red stains that covered it. Blood, more blood than could have come from one person, whoever did this knew what they were doing.

"Kiba, Xenovia, take point." The two Knights do as instructed. Rias' commands were quick and concise, her only worry being defeating the devil and returning home for the night. The blood trail started to get thicker, and at the end of it, they saw a boy sitting in it all, crying as he tries to collect himself. His tears don't ring out as ones of sadness, but pain, almost like he didn't mean to perform the act that he did. "This isn't right."

"What are you talking about? He's sitting in all of the blood, he has to be the one." Rias looks at her brown-haired Pawn, Issei Hyoudou, otherwise known as the Red Dragon Emperor. The power he possesses could rival God if tamed correctly, but with such an immature host, such power is currently out of reach.

"The report specifically said it was a woman, and I think we can all agree that isn't what we see." Rias steps past her peerage toward the boy.

"Stay away! I don't want to hurt you too!" His sobs pick up as he screams at the crimson-haired devil, and his voice rings out like a cry for help. Rias gets closer to the boy, and as she does he lifts his head to look into her eyes. The first thing Rias notices is the deep blue of his eyes, and she starts to get drawn into them.

"It's okay, we won't hurt you. Are you injured?" The boy looks himself over and shakes his head.

"Nothing out of the ordinary."

"Ordinary? Do you mind showing me?" The boy lifts his shirt to reveal scars covering his body. Burns, cuts, the whole nine yards, almost as if a professional torturer had gone to work with his body as a canvas. "How did this happen to you?"

"I don't want to talk about it, not in front of all of these people." Rias turns around and faces her peerage.

"You all can head home, I'll take care of him."

"President!"

"That's an order Issei!" The rest of the Gremory peerage leaves and Rias looks back to the boy. "Come with me, let's get you cleaned up and a change of clothes."

"No, I don't want to hurt you." Rias puts a hand on the boy's shoulder.

"Are you afraid of hurting people?" He looks away from her.

"I don't know how this happened. One minute I was being dragged away into this building, the next I'm in a pool of blood. I'm a monster and I don't even know how this happened." His eyes turn back to the deep blue of Rias'. "Please, kill me. I'm no better than whatever I killed, so put me out of my misery." Rias gets closer to him, but the boy starts to crawl away from her. The boy closes his eyes, but to his surprise, he feels something grab onto him. When his eyes reopen he sees Rias holding him, and all of his worries start to settle.

"I refuse to kill you. You deserve to have a better life than the one you're leading now. Your eyes and body tell a story that I can read perfectly, you know suffering all too well. Come with me and I'll make it all better, I promise." She looks into the eyes of the boy and smiles. "Would you come with me please?"

"Do you want me to come with you?" The question confuses Rias, but her smile stays.

"Yes, I would like that very much. Come with me and you can get cleaned up, I'll even make sure you have some new clothes to replace these."

"Okay, I will come with you, Miss Rias." The way he addressed her brings a smile to her face.

"Thank you. Before we go, can I know your name?" The boy returns the smile Rias gave him.

"Y/N, my name is Y/N."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've read my other stories you know my style. Prologues are always generally short but that's mainly to set the tone. If you have any suggestions feel free to let me know, and until next time, have a good one.

-Coop