Chapter One

Chapter One:

 All my life I had wanted to be a student at State, the campus was attractive, and like the rest of Arizona, the land was beautiful, not to mention that everyone is aware of the lovely climate we citizens experience.  You could imagine then, that I would be extremely excited to first enter my dormitory... Only the excitement was short lived, as I would soon find out that the universe found fun in chastising my everyday life, as I would see crime and crime again against my family in the upcoming twenty-four hours.

 I felt the breeze brush through my long, brunette hair as I packed my luggage into the back of our car... Just kidding, I didn't feel any breeze at all, because Phoenix is as dry as bone, and a breeze is a rare thing... Anyways, my parents drove me for thirty minutes out to school, where I expected them to help bring my luggage up the two flights up stairs to my third story room... They did not. Yes, they sent condolences, said they loved me, and my mom teared up a little bit as only a mother would, but other than that, they looked concerned, I knew trouble was brewing, my skin always tingled when something bad was in the forecast... It was, as I would eventually find out...  The luggage was pulled out of our Ford Focus' trunk, by myself of course... And as soon as I completed that task, my parents pulled away the car, rolled up the windows, and accelerated away... Even the circumstances couldn't keep my legs from shaking in anticipation, forgive me, but this was a scrapbook moment of my life, and I turned to face the building, the Apollo Dorm.. Yes, I am aware that any mythology fanatic reading this story right now just peed their pants saying, "The music god? Son of Zeus and Leto? Whatever does he have to do with this story? How peculiar" And I would cut you off right there, not letting you go any further, as this was just a meaningless tangent-like detail I chose to include, as I thought it would add to the structure of my story, I confess though, that it plays no roll at all in the story, my apologies head your way.

As I hulled my luggage up the stairs, I thought, "The money we pay to enroll here, you'd think they'd install a few escalators, or elevators." Only, most people have parents who would help them bring their stuff into their dorm room... Anyways, you, the reader, probably would think I'd be excited to get here, and I was... Albeit, most of you readers have never been to a party school, and certainly not one as big, and as dangerous as Arizona State... It WAS going to be a great year, other than the days I would spend hung over...

I do not drink, up to this day I have been sober, but I have been a cool kid, through out high school I was the captain of the school basketball team, pretty popular fella... Only, I would never compromise who I was to be accepted by the crowd, henceforth I never drink, per se, the statement about being hungover was a mere joke, as I will spend no days intoxicated whatsoever. Regardless of such qualities, I would spend my whole eighteenth year of existence in a bubble, keeping my mouth shut (very hard for me to do), with the Witness Protection Program being the only think that could keep me out of harm's way...

Now, enough of all my rambling, I can not stand those fictituous narratives that pit a helpless author trying to make a buck, who just expresses his opinions for the whole first chapter, this Non-Fiction work will have no such depiction.

So, I knew I was in trouble, and I pondered what it could be as I dragged my clothing bags across the corridor to my room, number 313... Only when I got to the room, I was aquainted with something odd, the white painted wood door, completely blank, save for the "gold" embroidered room numbers nailed to the center, but the door was swung wide open.  Honestly, I had completely forgotten that my roommate was probably already in the room, a boy of which I was yet to meet, I didn't even know the fella's name yet... Never saw him before, nothing.  Forgive my honest mistake, as it was easy to forget in the hubbub of my parents driving off, and my hypothesis of trouble... Anyways, I stared blankly at the man laying on the left side bed, he was African-American, topless, and he had an uncountable amount of tattoos, he also sported a Pittsburgh Pirates hat, flat brimmed.... I am no racist, I had no problem with him until I saw where the light grey smoke was coming from, the cigarette he was smoking... Great, I thought, a druggie!

He squinted at me, "Listen white boy, I imagine you got some money, not as much as me, my checks look like phone numbers,if I bring in a girl over here, you make yoself scarce"... Suddenly I knew who he was, I had seen him before, my friend Deshaun had a poster of him in his room, the rapper named Cali Wizard... The problem was, I hate "Wiz", I hate auto-tune, and I hate music that means nothing, the opposite of those things? Eminem, I love him...

I asked, "Cali Wizard? What the bloody hell are you doing here? You're twenty-two years old, your lyrics suggest you are uneducated, what are you doing at a college?"

He responded, flicking ashes onto the tiled floor below our feet, "I just love to party, and this is a pretty good place to do it, so I took the name of a college kid, to get wasted."

I was about to lose it, "Man... Aren't you ignorant... Plus you have no lyric writing ability, I'm contacting the Admissions Office."

I was shocked, as he pulled out a pistol from his side, pointed it at me and said, "Listen white boy, I will say whatever I want, and do what I ever I want, don't make me use this pistol... Cause we already got a bone to pick together."

I gulped, "Yeah... Uh, yeah, you are right, I am sorry." Look, I appeased, I mean the guy was pointing a gun at me, I had to keep quiet, only when another student came drunk-stumbling into our dorm with headphones on... I flipped...

The newcomer said, "Ay yo Cali, lets go to Raul! They partying up there.. And uh, there's girls..." Apparently, the druggie that was Cali Wiz had heard enough... He did something very, very drastic, I saw the body hit the floor, the red blood penetrating his t-shirt, and I new, that if I didn't keep quiet, I would be the next body on the floor... Cali seemingly was influenced by the drugs, and I, well... I was in for a lot of trouble, I wanted to leave school, and I had only been there for three minutes.

Now, the chapter comes to an end, with an author's note: At this point, you really have to read between the lines, if you are confused, I (the college kid) hate Wiz, and he just pulled the trigger on an innocent man, by accident.... Turn the page for more!