Divine Intervention

Start from the beginning

I absorbed the insight these markings gave me, I had authority on how Rai was to be reincarnated, every fiber of his being was made by my hands, I felt like a god as I tampered with his mortal vessel.

His body was now complete and the soul turned into a wisp that was absorbed by the tree in a certain point that I instructed it.

And then after that I began hearing voices, three of them to be exact. It was like they were calling for me, no, calling for this realm.

I sought them out by following their calls, after a while I found them. Three fruits hanging on their respective branches.

I learned about their story after plucking them from their stems. Grey, Nico, and Cecilia, they're all so interesting, so powerful, so broken.

But I can fix them, I can mend them to my own vision. I will rebuild them as my very own servants.

I quickly got down from the tree and approach the tree of my world.

Once I put them in the tree I cannot determine what will happen to them, reincarnation is one of the many steps I still have to master.

After what seemed to be like hours of thinking and effort I was finally done with configuring a fitting vessel for these three. Their fates shall be entwined with one another, reborned as my servants.

As the wisps start revolving something odd begins to happen.

My body suddenly felt heavy and I felt my lungs slowly getting crushed. The pain I felt was horrendous, but I did not die.

A lone figure emerged from the shadows and began hunting down the wisps.

"No!" I managed to bellow out loud.

One by one the figure hunted down the wisps. But they were nimble and wouldn't stop at anything to reach the tree.

Alas, Cecilia's soul was caught.

The figure turned his head and approached Nico's soul at blinding speed.

Nico's soul was easier to catch than Cecilia's.

It was now down to Grey's. The figure, with all his might, scaled the tree as the last soul gave chase.

My face paled, was this all for nothing?

There was no guarantee that I can come back here, there are beings protecting this realm for mortals like me.

All hope was lost when the figures hand was a hair's width away from being caught. Instead of being caught, however, Grey's soul took a dive as the figure accidentally smacked the wisp.

His soul was absorbed by the tree, albeit it didn't go where I planned it to be.

He will be lost in an earlier timeline, damn it.

"You have trespassed the forbidden lands, mortal." A voice boomed in my head.

"If you really are a god you would know my intentions, I seek to equalize what was left unbalanced." I tried to defend myself.

"What a pathetic excuse, you did not come here for no ones sake, but yours. You are not a paragon of order, you are merely looking for an exvuse to rule, Agrona." The voice sent chills down my spine.

My vision weirdly panned out and I could see my body, lifeless and still. I saw a bigger picture, the ground I was standing on was a massive branch with countless trees attachted to it. The massive branch was also part of a tree, and so on until there was a single tree left that outscaled anything I have ever seen before.

Suddenly I jolted out like someone waking up from a nightmare, beads of cold sweat ran down my head and my heart started to ache.

From my throat erupted massive pools of blood that I coughed out hoarsely.

Every organ in my body felt like melting and my brain was slowly sizzling, my teeth felt like they've been grinded in the coldest of ice and my eyes felt like they've been dried by the sun. My bones felt like they were slowly being crushed to dust and my blood began to react violently and boil in my insides.

Every cell in my body was in excruciating pain.

I guess this is the backlash from trying to cross the realm that harbors immortality.

My body tried to instinctively scream but I found my voice box already corroded by the instability of the acid in my system.

All I could do was gargle in my own blood that's melting my mouth.

"My lord!" A servant rushed to my aid as I lay down on my side with a massive pool of boiling blood.

I tried my best to regenerate myself but I found myself fighting my own body from decaying.

I won't die, I won't die, I won't die.

I kept reminding myself that, I still have a lot to finish.
||Grey||

So this is what death feels, it's empty in here, a pitch black expanse with no life.

It was if I was asleep but without dreaming I was simoly floating in nothingness.

A speck of light? No, it was if I was in a dark tunnel with a bright dot going closer and closer to me.

And finally the light enveloped my very existence.

Can I rest now? Will I finally be able to sleep and forget all of my problems and regrets?

"Congratulations, milord. It is a healthy boy!" A voice announced

Well, shit.