"Be safe Annika. There will be times when you will have to fend for yourself. Do not rely on the greediness of men." Arwen explained and Annika smiled sadly.

"Trust me. I know how to handle myself."

~*~*~*~

"The Ring-bearer is setting out on the Quest of Mount Doom. On you who travel with him,no oath or bond is laid to yo further than you will. Farewell. Hold to your purpose. May the blessings of Elves and Men and all Free Folk go with you." Lord Elrond says and Annika smiled at him.

"The Fellowship awaits the Ring-bearer." Gandalf says but before anyone could move,Annika immediately rushes over to hug Arwen.

"Bye Arwen. I'll miss you." Annika says as she tries not to cry. Arwen already had a tear streaming down her cheek.

"Same with you Annika. Be safe." Arwen says and watched as she walks back towards the group. Frodo then guides everyone out of Rivendell with Gandalf at his side. The group soon travels over the bridge and Annika looked up to see the balcony from whence she stood upon. A tear slipped out of her eye but she quickly wiped it away. A hand was placed on her and turned to find Legolas. She gave him a nod and they continued to walk with the group. Day soon turned into days and it soon turned into weeks. Annika felt annoyed through each passing day. The first night with the group was utter torture. Boromir,whom she had learned who was the guy that had been mean to Aragorn and Legolas,had apologized to her and started to flirt with her,making her irritated. He would always find ways to flirt or to tease her,whether it would be picking up something,he would always smirk and look her way,which made her self conscious. Legolas soon noticed and kept a watchful eye on her. He watched as she would often flinch as she was by Boromir which angered him. One day he walks up to Annika and pulled her to the side.

"Is something the matter,Annika? You have been tense lately and you seem as though something is bothering you." Legolas says which makes her look up at him with her wide innocent eyes. She shakes her head.

"N-No I haven't the slightest clue what you are saying." She stutters and walks away. Legolas sighs and watched as she walked back to her seat next to Frodo and helped him drink some water.

"What's the matter,elf? Having trouble talking to a girl?" He asked as he chuckled. Legolas rolled his eyes and sat next to Aragorn.

"Don't listen to him Legolas. It's almost nightfall,you should take the first watch." Aragorn said which makes him nod.

~*~*~*~

Annika opened her eyes back up once again,she couldn't sleep. Ever since she had left Rivendell,thoughts consumed her. It didn't help her at all. The thought of every one of the fellowship men Evers dying scared her mind. She sighs heavily and looked around to see everyone asleep. She then noticed that one person wasn't asleep with everyone else. She looked ahead to see someone sitting down against a tree. Their familiar blond hair shined against the moonlight. The sound of a faint voice was heard. She looked around and quietly walked towards him.

"Couldn't sleep?" He asked her and she froze. He turns around to be met with her smiling slightly and sitting next to him.

"Yeah. I don't know why I'm having trouble sleeping. Guess I just have a lot on my mind." She says and it goes awkwardly silent. Annika glanced at Legolas who just looked up at the stars.

"Do elves need sleep?" She asked out of the blue which made him surprised.

"We don't tend to sleep as much. Our bodies are much more different than humans and other beings. So to answer your questions,we don't need as much sleep as you humans do." He explained with a slight smile upon his pretty face.

"Where are you from? You never mentioned it once to us from whence you came?" He asked and Annika froze.

"I-I...I uh I come from a place far from here. A place I don't even know if I can go back." She confesses and in all honesty she didn't know how she was gonna get back home to her mother. A tear slid from her eye.

"I'm stuck in a place where I can't even do anything about leaving." She says and sniffled. She was stuck in a magical book that brought her in this horrible place. She hated what she was going to do and there was nothing she could do about it.

"I'm just worried about my mother. She's all alone and she probably needs me right now." Annika says as she held up a hand over her mouth to quiet her sobs. Legolas puts an arm around her shoulder and leans her head against his chest.

"Ha's alright híril Annika. You need to rest. We have a big day tomorrow." He says to her. She then sits up and looks at him with her teary eyes.(it's alright Lady Annika)

"Do you mind if I maybe spend the night next to you?" She asked and he looked at her.

"I would like the company." He teases which makes her blush. She puts her head against his chest.

"What are you planning to do once this whole ring quest is over?" Annika tiredly asked Legolas.

"I do not know. I cannot see within the future but I can sense specific things. I just hope it does end badly. But there is something that keeps me motivated." He says and she looks up at him.

"Which is?" She asked and he smirked.

"There is a person who is special and dear not to me but everyone around her. She has this persona which makes everyone like her. She's just special." He soon heard soft snores next to him and looked to see a sleeping Annika.

"As long as she is alive. I will be able to keep going."