.1.

a/n: Let's just pretend that this is modern day.

 Song for the chapter: Hit 'em up- 2pac, outlaws

2Pac was blasting through Indi and Joanna's shared dorm room, they were standing on their beds yelling the lyrics to 'Hit 'em Up' and putting on a performance for literally no one like they would do every morning. "That's why I fucked your bitch you fat mothafucka" Joanna started "First off fuck your bitch and the clique you claim, West side when we ride, come equipped with game" Indi followed, all the sudden the music was turned off and both girls turned to look at the door and standing there was Master Lin and a boy with dark curly hair behind him silently laughing at the girls. "As much as I appreciate the daily occurrence of course language and musical talents I have  a job for you Indi" Master Lin said with a sarcastic tone.  The girl quickly jumped off their beds and Master Lin gestured Indi to walk out into the hallway with himself and the boy. "This is Marcus he is a new student and I need you to keep an eye on him and help him settle, be a mentor of sorts" Master Lin instructed. " Yes Sir" Indi nodded and turned to face the boy as Master Lin walked off.

"Hey my name is Indi what's yours" she started "Marcus. Do you guys always do that?" he grinned "Oh that little performance, ha yeah it's a tradition maybe you could join in one day"  she said as they were walking down the hallways "I'd be honored" Marcus laughed and Indi laughed back, he knew that they would get along in the future from that conversation alone.

"What's your locker number" Indi asked with a smile, Marcus pulled out a piece of paper with the number on it and Indi's eyes lit up "That's next to mine" she said excitedly.  'her smile is so beautiful' he thought to himself. 

As they were walking through the halls where everyone was Marcus noticed that most people kept glancing at Indiana. His thoughts were interrupted when they arrived at their lockers "So this is your locker and this is mine" Indi gestured towards the lockers. Marcus opened his locker and there was a teddy bear with a note stabbed into it. Marcus' face visibly dropped and Indi felt her heart sink for the poor boy. She looked around and saw a group looking over and laughing so she went up to the main one and pinned him up against the locker by the throat fear painted his face. "If you ever pull shit like that again I will put my foot so far up your ass you will taste the leather on my shoe... OK" she then dropped the boy and turned to his friend who was still laughing and clocked him square in the jaw. His lip then started dripping out blood.

She walked back to Marcus as the group scurried off in a hurry. No one dared to step to her as they all knew what she was capable of. "I'm really sorry you had to witness that but I can't stand when people do dumb shit for no reason" Indi apologized. He grabbed her hand quickly "No don't be sorry, you were sticking up for me, thanks by the way not many people would have the balls" he grinned "Don't sweat it we're friend now" she wrapped her hands around his torso and he wrapped his hands around her neck and put his head on top hers "you don't know how much that means to me" he mumbled so only she could hear.

Joanna ran over Jacob in trail "Hey Marcus sorry I have to steal Indi from you" "All good see y6ou in class Indi" Marcus looked down at her "Yeah see ya and don't be afraid to come sit with me" Indi said while being dragged off. Marcus just smiled and waved.

a/n: Next chapter they will discover more about eachother.