Brooklyn Nine-Nine (Matt Donovan)

Summary: Y/N is a retired Hunter, and they've been dating Matt for almost a year. However, thanks to the couple's busy schedules (and various supernatural dramas), it's rare for them to find big chunks of time where they can just relax and be together. Finally, they've decided to dedicate a day to finishing Brooklyn Nine-Nine and spending time together, and Y/N is DETERMINED to make sure nothing gets in their way.

A/N: Despite the title and premise, there are NO B99 spoilers in this fic.

***************

"Matt!" I yelled.

"What?"

"Don't forget the popcorn!"

"Wouldn't dream of it!"

I grinned to myself as I turned back around on the couch to face the TV again, instead of shouting backwards to the kitchen. Matt and I were finally going to watch the final season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine today, and we both wanted everything to be perfect.

We'd started watching the show together just after we started dating, and even though we'd been dating almost a year now, we still hadn't finished it. Either I was away at school, Matt was busy with his deputy work and training, or—my least favorite—the resident Mystic Falls supernatural community created drama that got in our way.

I hadn't known about all the supernatural drama here when Matt and I first started dating, but I really should've. I'd been a Hunter in New York, but I'd decided to move to a smaller town and focus on my schoolwork instead, hoping for something closer to a normal life.

Mystic Falls was just about the worst place I could've chosen. I probably would've left as soon as I found out, but Matt was here, and I was wiling to stay for him.

I'd been home from school on break when Matt couldn't keep me out of the supernatural world of Mystic Falls anymore. He'd gotten roped into being bait for some new evil or other, and when he hadn't come home one night and I couldn't reach him, I went out to find him. I'd almost staked Caroline Forbes before he could explain to everybody that we were mutual friends, not foes.

Ever since then, I'd been rabid about trying to keep a good balance of supernatural drama in our lives. I kept trying to get Matt to move away, but he insisted Mystic Falls was his home. So, we stayed, and we made it work.

We'd recently decided to start making space for more days like today, to just enjoy life and each other with no supernatural drama. Brooklyn Nine-Nine had been our show for so long, and today, nothing was going to get in the way of us watching and enjoying the final season in peace.

I wouldn't let it.

"Alright, that's all the snacks, drinks, and blankets in the house," said Matt, setting the popcorn on the table in front of us before sitting next to me. "Anything else we need?"

"Not a thing," I said with a smile. "Let's do this. It's been a long time coming."

Matt smiled, positively giddy by his standards as he wrapped one arm around my shoulders and pushed play on the remote with the other hand. I snuggled into his chest as the first episode of the final season finally, finally started playing.

I sighed, listening to Matt's heartbeat as we watched the familiar intro. It instantly relaxed me to just lay with him like this, both of us breathing and taking time for ourselves, away from the crazy of the rest of the world.

I should've known it wouldn't be that easy.

Matt and I were just starting episode five when the doorbell rang. I sighed and leaned my head back as Matt paused the show.