Chapter 1

Modern day AU, Springtime.

Y/N P.O.V.

I came back from my job as a zookeeper and I've gotta say, things have been hectic. All of a sudden, the animals have been so much more uncooperative than usual.

Its almost as if they were warning us humans for something.

And they were.

Only two weeks later and a meteor hit the c/t right in the core on the night of Christmas, 2022. The meteor caused many to die and was a tragic night for most of us. It caused chaos to ensue, earthquakes were happening everywhere and citizens were going crazy.

While the townspeople were blinded by their sadness and grief for those who were lost, live television was airing important news. Apparently, the meteor contained a unknown chemical which causes animal and human DNA to fuse together and create a whole new species of animal-humans.

~TIME SKIP TO THE PRESENT BROUGHT TO YOU BY MY LAZY ASS~

"*Yawn*"

"Back to another day stuck in my own home with nothing to do." I said to myself.

Scientists told us to stay in our homes for our safety unless necessary due to the fact that they don't know how dangerous the new species of animal-humans are.

After months of being imprisoned in my own damn house I've decided to go grocery shopping since I've been running low on food recently. Even though we are supposed to stay in quarantine, I wasn't  going to let myself starve to death. So, I went my merry way to the grocery store.

As I was walking down the empty streets, I saw a blur of blue and black flash across the corner of my eye. 

"Weird." I thought to myself.

I looked around but couldn't find anybody so I assumed my eyes were playing tricks on me. After I left the grocery store with canned tuna, canned corn and some beef, I felt a pair of eyes staring at me. But I blinked and they quickly vanished.

Walking back to my house has never felt so uncomfortable in my life. I had the gut feeling as though I was being watched. Every now and then I would see a bush twitch in the corner of my eye. But I brushed it off because it could be anything.

As soon as I got home, I closed and locked my door(as usual). I also covered up all my windows with newspapers as a sense of paranoia crept up on me.

I was covering my last window when I saw something blue and black flash across the corner of my eye through the window yet again. I knew I wasn't hallucinating once I saw it for the SECOND time.

I hastily covered it up.