"I'm not sure this is the place to discuss that," he could tell I was getting defensive. He relaxed and turned to me, eyes filled with innocence. I wanted to put my trust in him as Noah once did but I knew better. I'd let my guard down one too many times around rich people. Need I remind? They never missed an opportunity to bulldoze those they viewed as weak.

"Don't worry, I don't have an agenda. It's actually nice seeing Noah like this. I've known him for a long time, he's an ass but he's good with you. I have to go keep an eye on Summers, but here's my card. I'd like to have lunch soon, discuss some things." I took the card and glanced at it before tucking it in my pocket. I didn't know what he wanted but I couldn't say I wasn't more than a little curious.

By the time I'd made my way back to the main section of the library, Noah was preparing to make his speech. His parents were standing on either side of him looking as proud as ever. I was proud of him too. So many accomplishments at such a young age, truly a force to be reckoned with.

"Excuse me, everyone? First, I want to thank everyone for coming out today in this freezing weather." The crowd laughed and I gave a pity giggle. He hadn't even made a joke, what was so funny?

"This library started as nothing more than a side project I didn't expect to come into fruition. It wasn't until a college grad with poor time management skills and a passion for writing walked into my office that I became inspired to finish that project. She reminded me that reading was the foundation of everything, reminded me why I even enjoyed literature. I wanted to create a space for all personalities to enjoy. Whether that be to get some work done or escape their troubles. In my profession, there isn't much time for relaxation. Hopefully, this library will give everyone a bit of serenity."

I caught his drift. Subtle, almost like an inside joke between the two of us. George had caught it too and he smiled making me blush. I didn't even bother to look at his wife, I knew her poker face couldn't last through that. The crowd dispersed and I walked over to Noah and his parents greeting George kindly while ignoring Giselle.

"It's perfect, you really outdid yourself," Noah smiled brightly and thanked me.

"Are you planning on staying long?" He asked quietly. I could tell he was waiting for his parents to leave his side but George was too busy discussing fishing techniques with Andrew to listen to us, it was Giselle who eavesdropped.

"I think I'll hang out in the nook until this place empties out."

His mother scoffed, "it won't empty out, it's a library."

I ignored her and followed Noah's gaze. It went past me and when I turned around my stomach dropped slightly. It was Tom and Summers, heading right towards us. I had seen the other board members speaking to Noah in passing all with bright smiles on their faces. Summers didn't share that expression.

"Harrington, beautiful library," It was a compliment sure but it felt jagged. Noah thanked him without emotion and shifted in his stance.

"Excellent speech as well, your assistant must be quite the writer to be that influential. I also couldn't help but notice the private room dedicated to her."

Giselle giggled. She didn't laugh often—she picked an odd time to laugh. Summers glanced her way and she cleared her throat, it was fucking weird. Giselle never backed down, surely she wouldn't silence herself for a stranger?

"With all due respect Mr. Summers, I see what you are implying and I have to remind you again I can admire a woman without having slept with them. Serenity is a bright and talented young woman. There is nothing shameful in appreciating that."

I wanted to fuck him. Wanted him to take me back to that room that wasn't supposed to be a red room and do unimaginable things to me. But I guess him putting Summers in his place would satiate my hunger for now.