♡~ silver x reader ~♡

"Boo!"

"You didn't scare me."

"I tried..."

His terrible attempt to scare you just made you laugh. "I knew you were gonna arrive late." you spoke matter-of-factually. He always arrived late, and your special trait was to sense exactly when he was gonna get there. He was your friend after all.

"If I may say so myself, this park is pretty nice!" Silver looked around wide-eyed, much as he does most of the time. "Yes, it does. It's very... calming to walk here. I do come here often, after all." you were also admiring the blooming trees and shrubs around the path.

This was your favorite place to come and walk to clear your mind or just relax. You've come here ever since you were a kid, so it always had a sense of significance to you. In contrast, Silver had been here only a few times, as you were the one to show him the spot.

"AAAHH!!"

"WHAT? WHAT HAPPENED?"

"A bee. But it's gone now."

He's always been scared of bugs and insects.

"We should find a bench to sit on." you suggest, knowing that your friend got tired quickly. "How'd you know I was getting tired of walking??" he questioned the obvious.

As you two sat down on one of the actual clean benches, he took a book out of his bag he brings everywhere. "I didn't know you liked to read." you nudged him. "Heh, I recently got into it. Someone recommended me to do that just last week, so..." he smiled at you, trying to reveal something that wasn't even a secret.

"I forgot I said that... I guess you took on my advice to start reading that book I like." you giggled as you saw he had a copy of the book you favorited out of the rest on your bookshelf that you filled when you were in your book craze.

"So you're just gonna read?" you asked, as you thought you two would do something else. "Uhm, yes?" he shrugged, not knowing what to really do in your guys' free time.

"How about... we go somewhere else. That... y'know, isn't this park??" the (a/t) suggested. It didn't seem like such a bad idea, since you had just planned to meet in the park because you knew the spot, not really because you were going to do something there.

"Where?"

"You'll see. I have a special little place I like to go to from time to time."

And so, the both of you were walking in each other's presence. Sometimes, your hands slightly rubbed against each other while walking on a narrow-er area of the sidewalk, but you nor him parted away. Either way, you nor him wanted to admit how happy that small thing made you both.

"How much longer (y/n)?? We've been walking for like 10 minutes..." your friend whined, as walking for more than a few minutes was not his favorite thing to do. He would get tired after waking literally one block, and boy, did you tease him for this habit of his.

"Tired already?? I'm tired too, but not because I'm walking, but because you keep on asking how much longer!" you laugh in a friendly tone.

"Aw c'mon-"

"Anyways, we're here. All the walking we have left to do is walk inside."

You both looked at the places' window, which had the name of the place on it. "Corner Bookstore" was written on it in a warm green tone. There was also an "Open" sign hanging there, which looks like it's never been touched in forever. Through the store window, you could see the rows and rows of books you hadn't opened yet. It seemed so welcoming.

"This is the place you wanted to bring us to?" he asked, reading the store name over again. "Yup, I like it here. I thought, y'know, you might too?" you peaked through the window, wondering if Silver would like this place. "Eh, it seems pretty cool. Let's go in!" he walked right past you and eagerly trotted inside.

Once he opened the door, a pleasant whiff of old books, coffee, and wood hit you both. It was the most familiar smell you had breathed in a while. It was like coming to your second home. The smell of old books was obvious where it came from, the coffee scent was because the owner liked making cups of coffee to get her through the day, and the wood was probably from the shelves the books sat on.

The owner wasn't at the checkout area, so she was probably making another coffee cup for herself.

"Let's go around and see what we like!" you suggest, going towards (your favorite genre) book section. Silver followed you, he didn't know anywhere else to go since he'd never been here.

You both looked around for a few minutes, him following after you, and decided on some books to get.

---

"I'm really excited to get home and read this book! I've never heard of it before, but it seems interesting!" you say, holding your book as if you were hugging it. "Heh, well I think I'll read mine too!" Silver looked down at his book and started flipping through its pages.

*sorry idk how to end these things -_-*