~♡ knuckles x reader ♡~

"I like your drawings." you heard a voice behind you. "Gosh, you scared me for a second." the (a/t) said closing her sketchbook. "No 'thank you'? Geez real nice, haha." your friend laughed. "Thanks." you motioned for him to sit on a grassy spot next to too by the tree you were resting at.

"Maybe I can teach you how to draw sometime! If you want of course, heh. NOT THAT I DON'T THINK YOU DRAW GOOD, NOT AT ALL!!"

"Of course. Actually, I was gonna ask you... if you could."

"Sure, Knux."

So you spent some time trying to teach him the basics of anatomy and shapes. How to draw a face, an eye, hairstyles, and some other things.

"And now you can try!" you exclaimed handing him the pencil you were using. "I'll try..." he grabbed your sketchbook.

You watched him scribble on the paper, struggling to get the shapes right. He mumbled to himself "the head's a circle... the body's a bean...". He wasn't doing so much of a great job, but he was trying.

"Arms... legs... hands...." you peaked over Knuckles' shoulder to see what he was drawing on the paper, since he furrowed his brow in concentration and confusion.

"Hands... HANDS ARE THE WORST TO DRAW!!!" he threw the pencil onto the paper, which bounced off, in defeat. "Oh, I'll help you!" you tried. Trying was not gonna help. "... GAHH! WHY??!!" he palmed his face.

You knew that he could get pretty mad when something didn't go as expected or wasn't in his reach. "Ok, ok,... uh how about we go and take a walk??" you suggest. He nods in silence and gets up from his seating spot, leaving immediately. He didn't wait for you like he usually would in other occasions.

"Where's my pencil? Oh I'll look for it later." you started walking towards the path he followed.

--

"Hey, are y-"

"Look, a butterfly! It's yellow! Shh, don't scare it."

He was already distracted with another thought crossing his mind. Typical Knuckles. His little toddler tantrum fit was way across his mind now, he probably forgot it happened.

"I have a talent for having butterflies stand on my hand." he whispered so he "wouldn't scare it away".

Gently, he put his hand near the flower the butterfly was resting on, and...

absolutely nothing happened.

"Now you wait, my friend. Patience. Patience is key. Oh and also stability to stand in your position in which you are. Or else, you'll scare the butterfly away. Also, you can't grab it by the wings because it's wings are like glass. Super delicate." he was ranting about something random, which is very common when he was with one of his friends.

"Yes..." you smiled. You couldn't deny that this aspect of him was very wholesome. Maybe you wouldn't admit it, but it was adorable too.

"HA!"

"Wha-"

"I CAUGHT IT!" he smiled proudly as his eyes were focused on the butterfly's pose on his finger. "It's very pretty." You added to his "achievement" pride.

"Since it's pretty, I'll give it to someone... I think is pretty.. y'know... hehehe." he mumbled the last part.

"Here." he stuck out his finger in your direction, the butterfly now closer to your face than his.

"O-oh. Thank you." a small blush on your cheeks was visible, and he seemed to look the same in such aspect.

The butterfly flew away along with another butterfly that came along out of the blue.

"Two pretty butterflies... heh."

*I'm sorry if this wasn't as good 😭*