...CHAPTER XVII...

Start from the beginning

"What's up?" She asked again and he sighed.

"I have a bad feeling about October 31st." He said and her eyes widened, her attention now fully captured. "I- I don't know how to say this but... I think Baji's going to die." He admitted and she felt her heart twist.

"W- what? Why do you think that?" She asked. There was something in his eyes she couldn't quite understand, like he wanted to say something but there was something else holding him back.

"It's a hunch... I know Mikey-kun doesn't want you there, but..."

"I'll be on standby, alright? The minute something goes wrong, I want you to call or text me, okay? I'll be there before you know it." She held out her hand for him and he felt a little more confidence rush to him before he agreed, shaking her hand.

~ End of Flashback ~

She had been worrying all day. She looked over at the time, noticing that the fight was about to begin. Her insides were churning from nerves. She didn't want any of them to get hurt.

She had been hanging out at a café nearby to where Takemichi had sent the location, but was now outside sitting on a bench, bouncing her knee impatiently.

"Are you Imaushi Naoka?" A guy came up to her that was unfamiliar. There were two more behind him and she could feel their malicious aura.

'This is not the time.' She had too many other things to worry about besides theses randoms.

"Who wants to know?" she asked cocking a brow, and the guy smirked knowing it was her. She was exactly what their boss had described.

"That's all I need to know." He said before he swung a fist at Naoka. Her eyes widened briefly, before she narrowly dodged, moving to gain some distance.

Unluckily for her, it was a rather deserted area, so no one was going to come to her rescue.

"What do you want with me?" She asked, but they ignored her as the other two launched at her.

'Fuck' she cursed. She wasn't the best at taking on multiple opponents, but she had no other choice.

A fist collided with her cheek, her head snapping to the side only to be hit by another. She spat blood from her mouth, before recomposing herself and sweep kicking one of them, causing him to fall to the ground with a heavy grunt.

The other one rushed her, and she used that to her advantage as she swiftly dodged, shifting her hips to use her fist to smash into the side of his face. She hit him again and again until he finally dropped then she turned to the last guy.

The leader, she assumed, just stood back watching with his arms crossed. He clapped his hands in praise, a malicious laugh leaving his lips and she narrowed her eyes at him.

'Doesn't he even care about his friends?'

"Looks like you know how to fight and take a hit." The guy said impressed and she scoffed.

'Well if you knew who my fighting buddy was, then you'd understand.'

"Tell me, why are you doing this?" She asked not really expecting to get an answer and she was right when he launched at her. She knew he was miles ahead of her in strength, so she was going to have to rely on her speed and technique to take him down.

He landed a powerful blow which she took to her stomach, though her shifting managed to soften it somewhat. She couldn't let this guy land anymore or it would spell trouble for her, she was already pretty tired from the other two.