I began apologizing profusely as Sabito cleaned the blood dripping from her nose. She continued to reassure me, telling me that it was ok, but I still felt bad. It had been about 30 minutes before we resumed, and I had to fight Giyu next. We were half way through, and I was making considerable progress, but Giyu knew something was wrong, like I was holding back. He jumped back from me, creating a bit of distance before deciding to speak up.

Giyu: "You don't have to hold back! You can fight me like you mean it."

Y/N: "B-but I don't want to hurt you too! What if I end up giving YOU a bloody nose aswell?!"

Giyu: "I'll be fine. You don't have to hold back for my safety, it wouldn't be a test to prove yourself if you did!"

Giyu said this with a smile. It encouraged me to fight at my fullest. So far we'd almost been even, with Giyu having the upper hand, while I was slowly gaining on him as with each strike I became more in tune with my new stance. It was anyone's game.

I had attempted to kick Giyu, but he easily dodged and grabbed my leg while thrusting the sword towards my chest. Wanting to put up a bit more of a fight, I jumped off my other foot and spun out of Giyu's grasp, and quickly kicked him in the chin, which I felt really bad about, but thought back to his earlier reassurance. Giyu quickly recovered and we began trading blows once again, before Giyu parried with a quick strike, and tripped me. Seeing the opportunity, he got on top of me and held he sword close to my neck.

Giyu: "I...win."

Y/N: "Actually..."

We were both out of breath, and Giyu had a confused look on his face while I smiled. Then he noticed that something had been pressed into his chest. He looked down and saw Y/N's sword, aiming directly at his heart. If it were a real sword, it would've gone straight through.

Giyu stood up and offered Y/N a hand, which he quickly took. Once they were both of their feet, they shared a long embrace, patting each other on the back. When they separated they realized how late it had gotten. Urokodaki had tried to tell them they should come down to rest, but apparently they were so focused on each other that they hadn't noticed. After Urokodaki congradulated them, they all came down from the mountain, ate, and went to sleep, ready for tomorrow.

Smol Timeskip~

As usual for the past 2 weeks, I woke up at the crack of dawn, quickly got ready, and began my daily routine, which consisted of light stretching, some pull ups, sit ups, and a full sprint up the mountain, using total concentration to make sure I don't run out of energy, no matter how much it hurt. I made it to the designated area when I saw Sabito in the middle, and Giyu and Makomo were sitting on the side.

Y/N: "Alright! Let's hurry this up. I'm ready to show you who's really the best around here!"

I won't lie, after yesterday I was feeling a little cocky.

Sabito: "You'll only be fighting me today. This will be the final test. And also the final day of your challenge."

Y/N: "Wait....what do you mean final day?? There's still like 5 days left!"

Sabito: "Exactly. In order for you to be at you fullest by final selection, we need you to pass TODAY."

Y/N: "But that's not what you said! You said I had 3 WEEKS! this isn't fair! How am I supposed to prove I'm better than you if you change the rules half way through!"

Sabito: "And that's your problem. You always think you're better than everyone else. No one's ever even on the same level as you. You aren't SPECIAL. you're human, just like the rest of us. It's ok to be prideful. But when you let your pride turn into a delusion, You can't come to terms with yourself. That's why you can't use water breathing, Because deep down, you think you're too good for it. Get over yourself. then you can fight me, As an equal."