Chapter four: We have changed

It's been 15 years since the Posada sibling have left and today...

They're coming home.

A way older Manolo was on his way to the bull ring with his anxiety up to a 100, but the fact that Maria will be coming home and will be saying his bullfight calmed him down just a tad. He hasn't changed much since the day Maria left, he still has that large iconic swirl in his hair, his love for music hasn't died down and neither has his love for the younger Posada. Just as he's about to enter the bull ring he is stopped by an older Joaquin jumping down in from of him. 

"Hey, Manolo!" Exclaims an older Joaquin. He is grown to a taller young adult, now supporting a mustache that's not too big or not too small and a chest full of medals with a sombrero and a cape.

"No retreat," says Manolo with a small yet excited smile on his face. 

"No surrender." Replies Joaquin also smiling when hearing their childhood moto. They share a hug when they separate they have their arms on each other's forearms.

"The hero of San Angel returns!" Manolo speaks as he pats Joaquin's arms.

"Oh, come on. You didn't think I was  gonna miss your first little bullfight, did you?"  Questions Joaquin with humor in his tone slightly smirking at Manolo.

Manolo seems to perk up as he says.

"And Maria's here too!"

Joaquin lets out a little squeal and takes off his sombrero and pats down himself as he says.

"Have you seen her? I cannot wait to show her these babies." He says as he looks at his medals.

"So, she's back only to see you?" Asks Manolo with a raised eyebrow and mischievous smirk.

"Come on. That's not.." Joaquin tries to apologize. But Manolo interrupts.

"You have your medals," he says pointing at his friend's chest. "But I have the bullring," he says dropping his hand.

"We'll see which Maria prefers," Manolo adds before a look of realization replaces his smug face. 

"It's a good thing that you're finally taking bullfighting-wait what's wrong?" Joaquin says before he notices the look on Manolo's face. He furrows his brows in concern when Manolo takes a second too long to respond.

"Since Maria is back does that mean that her older sibling is here too?" Manolo hesitantly asks the taller man. Manolo will never say it to your face, but he was terrified of you. Just your presence, made him shiver

At the mention of the older Posada, Joaquin becomes slightly flustered remembering the one thing that makes the older Posada different from their younger sibling. Those fascinating (e/c) colored eyes that seem to, as cliche as it seems, sparkle and glow in the night sky. He gains back to his senses when the crowd from outside cheered loudly for whatever was happening in the arena. 

"Well since their little sister is coming back from Spain it makes sense for them to come back as well. Don't you think Manolo?" Joaquin sarcastically asks his childhood friend, who rolls his eyes in reply.

Meanwhile somewhere in San Angle two young adults seemingly sisters along with a pig are walking down the street and people clearing the way for the women. In order from left to right, the shorter one wearing a red skirt with a white off the shoulder blouse carrying a fan in front of her face, then the tallest one wearing tan pants with a faded (f/c) shirt with the sleeves rolled up, a sombrero and sword on their hip. But anyone could tell that they're sisters by their matching dark brown boots. These polar opposite siblings just happen to be the famous Posada siblings, the shorter one being Maria "Jewel" Posada and the taller one being (Y/N) Posada.

As they were walking by citizens the eldest was glaring their eyes at anyone whose eyes were wandering to places on their younger sister. And those people shrinking away from the harsh stare from the eldest Posada. When they reach the bullfighting arena they hear many hushed whispers of the townsfolk,

"The jewel of the town have returned!"

Maria patted a girl's head while a nun had said, "and Maria's going to help at the orphanage." You hand that same little girl a rose with a small smile saying, " for the pretty little girl."  The young girl smiled bashfully at the rose in her hands. More murmurs of people in the crowd were heard by the taller Posada.

"I heard that the youngest reads books, like for fun."

"Well, I heard the oldest sword fights for like fun."

"No way!"

(Y/N) shows a small smirk at the comments but it is hidden by the large hat on their head. They make it up to the viewing tower where they are going to watch the fight as they sit down next to each other nodding to their father in greeting as they face ahead waiting for the match to start.

"Posada's," Joaquin says as (Y/N) takes off their sombrero and looks at their soldier with a slight smirk.

"Hola Joaquin." says the Posada siblings at the same time, (Y/N) looks back at the ring with a slight smile.

"It's really nice to see you." Maria says leaning towards a visibly shocked Joaquin but her eyes don't stray away from the ring. Joaquin swears he hears the choir singing when he looks at a...certain Posada, but now looking at both of the siblings they have changed from when they were younger. 

(Y/N) has gained some slightly dark eyebags that barely seem noticeable under their eyes, their (s/c) skin had seemed to be healthier than before, besides the number of small scars on their face but the most noticeable one is the semi-large "X" scar on their nose. And her hair is slightly shorter than before, but to Joaquin, they look even dare I say hot with this new look. While Maria has lost her baby fat, her hair has gotten longer and more curly and her eyes have a noticeable brighter spark in them than before.

The same gossiping girls from before comment, "and they're so..natural!"

You snicker at that comment and the crowd seems to go wild when the main event seems to walk out from the tunnel entrance.

Once in the middle of the ring, Manolo looks at Maria with a lovesick stare saying,

"I would like to dedicate this corrida.." he hesitates when he makes eye contact with sharp (e/c) eyes. He adverts his eyes quickly to Maria adding, "to Miss Maria Posada." Said woman narrows her eyes at the bullfighter, who hesitates again.

"..Welcome home, senoritas." He is distracted by the banging from the bull holding cell.  He looks at it with slight fear not only from the noise but the calculating eyes burning into his form.

From all the stuff that happened or is happening today from his father degrading him about being part of the mariachi, Joaquin coming back to show him up in front of Maria, Maria coming home on the day of his match, her older sister already slightly judging him, he thinks one thing.

We have all changed haven't we...