Chapter three: Time's are changing

As you were putting the lasts of your clothes in your bag, you heard a knock on your bedroom door knowing that it's Maria you yelled.

"Entra hermana!" Maria walked into your room with a guitar in her smaller hands and held it out to you.

"Can you carve into the guitar, please? It's to replace Manolo's broken guitar." She looks at you with big brown eyes as she placed the new guitar on your bed.

You pick up the guitar and strum a few notes smiling a bit as you heard the sound. You place down the guitar then grab a small blade out of your dresser.

"Sure amiga. What do you want on it?" you question as you sit down on your bed with the guitar in your lab. Maria seems to brighten up as she here's that question.

"I want it to say, Always play from the heart - Maria," she says with a smile on her face.

"Oh and can you add a small heart as well," she adds as she sits on the floor.

You say nothing but nod your head with a small smile as you start to carve out the message. Only if your father knew that you knew how to carve, he'd blow a gasket.

A beat of silence passes by before you start humming a small tune, you don't know where you heard the tune but it sounded similar.

"Where did you hear that?" Maria asked in a whisper-like voice as she looked at you. Your carving halted for a moment before you continued, you're finishing the heart on the guitar.

"I'm not sure but I'm pretty sure the mariachi was playing it earlier." You said as you dust off the wood chips of the carving. 

"There, finished." You say as you hand the guitar to Maria. "I think Manolo will appreciate your gift, it's a beautiful guitar chica," you add as Maria takes the guitar out of your hands.

"Mucho gracias, (Y/N)!" Maria exclaimed as you give her a side hug in return. She hops off the bed and heads out the door, as she's about to grab the doorknob she turns to look at you as she says,

"Thank you so much, for everything. I'm not happy with going to Spain but with you there I think that our time there will be amazing." Maria said with a small smile that held nothing but love and eyes that held tones of awe.

Your eyes widened to the size of saucers and your smile grew bigger as you say.

"Your welcome sis, I'm sure Spain will be nice with you there with me." As you look at Maria with eyes filled with admiration. "Now go finish packing we leave soon." as you shoo her out of your room.

"Okay okay, I'm leaving," Maria replied as she left your room. Her sweet giggles following her.

Once Maria left you left out a long sigh as you stood up from your bed to walk to your balcony to close the windows. You pause to look at the moon only to see a shooting star, you close your eyes as you muttered.

"I wish that I and Maria's life will be full of surprises, mostly good no bad ones please." you slowly open your eyes and yawn as you fully close your windows and grab your bag off your bed. You head for your door but you stop and turn around to look at your room only for you to remember a memory you thought you forgot. 

A younger version of yourself and Maria are playing with miniature horse toys giggling and laughing away. Your laughter fit dies down after a while, but you ask Maria an important question, at least to young you it was important.

"Hey, I saw you with two boys today, who were they?" you questioned to the now frozen Maria. 

"O-oh you saw them?" Maria slightly stuttered out, blushing at the mention of her new friends.