Let's Duel!

Last time on "The Pharaoh's Lover":

Y/N had it in her hands, the Exodia cards! But as she walked away, a boy on the other side of the ship caught her eye. It was on his chest.

The Millennium Ring...He had it!

-

(First Person

The world stopped around me. Two Millennium items on the same ship? How luckier can my day be? I thought, staring at the light-purple haired boy. He looked to the side where I was standing, and the first instinct I had was to grab my Key and hope I turned invisible. Which I think I did, because he shrugged his shoulders and continued to look at the calm sea. "Y/N, aren't you coming?" Mai asked, once I let go of the Key. "Huh- oh, yeah, yeah. I'll be right there."

[...]

The ship came to a halt the next day. Mai and I got off the ship, yet again, making a competition on who would get there first. This time, it was a tie. Both of us were wearing high heels so we were both at a disadvantage. I turned around after looking at Mai and laughing about our tie until I bumped into someone. That same amethyst eyed boy who I had seen before had accidentally bumped into me. He fell on the floor, and I remained standing tall.

"Sorry! I wasn't watching where I was going." He exclaimed, resting on his elbows. I stretched my hand for him to grab. I couldn't help looking at his Puzzle. "No problem, kid. Let me help you." I smiled, him accepting the hand and standing up. He scratched the back of his head in embarrassment. "Your Y/N, right? You were the one who saw that Weevil throw my cards, weren't you?" I nodded. "Yeah, I'm also the one who beat him for doing that. Again." He smiled widely too. "Where's your friend, Mai, was it?" I turned around to check and see if she was there, which she wasn't. "Yeah, that's her. I don't know where she went, she was right behind me." I laughed. Suddenly, a loud voice was heard.

"Welcome, Duelists, to the Duelist Kingdom!" ...It was Pegasus. "You must all be tired from your long travels, and for this, the tournament will be starting in one hour. Now, there are some new rules—"

My phone began to ring. I took it and excused myself so I could accept the call. "Father, hey! I've made some mad progress." I smiled, listening to the voice on the other side. "Y/N, did you make it safely to the island?" He asked. "Yes, I did. And you will not believe this!" I squealed. "Anything is believable, darling. Just tell me what it is." He replied. "I found, not only one Millennium item, but two!" My Father giggled on the other end. "Now all you need is to capture them. As a little reward for finding them on your first day, I'll send you something on- what do you call it?" I face palmed. "On my drone?" I heard embarrassed laughing on the other side. "Yes, that...thing. Shiewadha-" He muttered an Arabic word meaning witchery. "Bye, dad." I laughed, hanging up on the call.

As I turned around, I noticed I was alone. Even Yugi had left at this point. "How rude. I didn't even hear this 'new rules' nonsense." I mumbled. At the distance, I noticed Mai waving restlessly. "Y/N, come over here!" She yelled, quite loudly. I ran to see what was going on. "Wait up!" I answered, running faster and almost sticking the landing as I jumped over something. Almost, because I fell face first. Shiewadha-

[...]

(Here you'll be seeing your deck up close.)

After that one hour, Mai already had the camp set. She had seen some duelists running towards the north, so she decided to see what the commotion was about. I, a girl who is not interested in commotion, decided to search for duelists nearby. I found this large Dueling machine thing with duelists on it. I waited ever so patiently (Which did not last long) for them to finish, and when they did, I was probably the first crazy person to start yelling that I wanted to duel. The guy who had won nodded, and I got on the arena.

"Please tell me you duel better than you look." The guy said, who should probably be receiving that comment. "Hm, looks like you have a bad habit on underestimating people. I bet two star chips. Let's Duel." The boy smirked. "Bring it!" I drew 5 cards.

"I place Red Archery Girl (1,400/1,500) in attack mode, and I place a card with it, facedown." I said, the cards appeared practically in real life inside of the arena. THAT IS SO AWESOME!!! But I can't act like this in front of my opponent. I smiled, waiting for the boy to make his move. "I place Celtic Guardian in attack mode, and it attacks you!"

Wow, that was a dum move. I sweat dropped. "Not so fast! I have a card facedown, don't you remember? Chasm of spikes. Your monster is destroyed, and you lose life points equal to ¼ of your monster's attack points, so...hah." The boy gasped; his life points dropped to 1,650. "Not what you expected, huh?" I smirked. The boy gulped. "Oh, btw, it's my turn so, Red Archery Girl, attack!"

My card actually freaking attacked, with the movements and everything. I got to get me one of these! I squealed internally. The boy's life points went down to 250. "Your turn, nerd." I smiled. He rolled his eyes, taking one card from his deck. "I place a card facedown and summon Silver Fang (1,200/800)! He attacks your Red Archery Girl, and now your down to- a wait. Can I take that back?" I was about to burst into laughter.

"No, you can't, sorry. My turn! I summon Archfiend Empress (2,900/2,100) and, sure, I lose a few life points but, hey, look at that!... I win." My card destroyed the poor kid. He was heart-broken, and all I could do was laugh. "Hand over you star chips and beat it." I replied, taking the two star chips the boy had previously won with his last opponent. Mai, from afar, applauded. "That was awesome!" She exclaimed. "Yeah, it truly was. You're a good duelist." A voice said from the other side of the arena. It was...Yugi? "You watched?" I asked him.

"Of course I did. After I found out you were dueling, I had to come watch. You're an outstanding player." Then, from behind him, I saw a ghostly figure, which apparently only I saw. It was that Yami kid. The guardian of the Millennium Puzzle.

"I'm looking forward to dueling you, Y/N." The taller copy of Yugi spoke.

I'm looking forward to dueling you too...Yami.