CH 19: Strangeness

Start from the beginning

"No problem, (y/n)," he smiled.

That sweet sincere smile.

-----

LUKA'S POV

"Why?"

"I don't know. But she wants to meet all of you in her room in an hour," Sass spoke.

What did she want? Is there anything that happened?

"Hey, Luka. Did you hear about it?" Juleka suddenly popped out on my door.

"Yeah, why is it, though?" I asked.

Juleka just shrugged, shaking her head. "She didn't tell me anything at school today,"

"Guess we have to find out by ourselves," I said.

"Rose is on her way there, so can I go first without you?" she asked.

"Why is she so early?"

"I don't know, she was excited, I guess," Juleka answered.

"Let's just go together now. We should tell mum first," I stood up, grabbing a pack of gummies for Sass to eat later.

"I'll grab some fried chicken for Roarr," Juleka said, running to the kitchen.

I just nodded and kept my guitar in its case. I slung the case's strap on me and walked out of the room with Sass sitting inside my jacket front pocket.

"Mum, we are going to Marinette's," Juleka said before we left the house.

"Don't be late for dinner," she answered.

We then hopped on our bicycles and started paddling to Marinette's bakery. Mr Dupain was sweeping the floor as we stepped in.

"Hi, Luka, Juleka. Wanna meet Marinette?" he greeted.

"Hey, Mr Dupain. Yes, we wanted to meet her," I answered.

"Sure, she's upstairs. But her whole class is there too," Mr Sabine Cheng suddenly came.

"Oh, we have, uh, school project together!" Juleka said.

"Then what are Luka and Kagami doing here?"

Uh, oh.

"Luka just accompanied me. You know he is super protective lately," Juleka grinned.

"Kagami is probably here too because, uh, her mum asked her to follow Adrien or something," I scratched my head.

Marinette's parents looked at each other in confusion. "Okay... Marinette's upstairs-"

"Thanks, Mr Dupain and Mrs Cheng!" we quickly cut them off and walked upstairs.

As soon as we arrived, Marinette was struggling to keep the kwamis silent. Sass immediately got out of my pocket, flying to the middle of the room.

"Silence, kwamis! We are here again today because the Guardian wants to announce something important. Please respect her privacy,"

Whoa, that is really wise of Sass.

"Finally you're here, Sass! Thank you so much," Marinette let out a sigh of relief.

"Kaalki, Xuppu, do not fly outside. People will see us!"

"Fluff, do not chew on the pen marker,"

"Ziggy, Daizzi, stop playing with the Guardian's makeup,"

"And Plagg. Just... stop. That's it," Sass crossed his arms.

"What? I am enjoying this last piece of camembert. It is so antique and tasty," Plagg casually munched on the smelly cheese.