seven

𓏧 𓏲 𓏲 𓏲 𓋒 𓏲 𓏲 𓏲 𓏲 𓏧  𓏧 𓏲 𓏲 𓏲 𓋒 𓏲 𓏲 𓏲 𓏲 𓏧 

Sunghoon's POV 🐧 ❄️

I skated across the ice, being alert to my speed and timing as I concluded my routine. As I gave my ending bow, I heard clapping from the railings. I looked up to see a bundled-up figure smiling happily, eyes shining with wonder as he applauded me.

Jake.

I felt my cheeks heat up from the appreciative gesture as I skated towards him. "I've seen you skate so many times, yet seeing it up so close is another experience altogether," he praised, looking at me with his amazed puppy eyes.

"You came to my competitions?" I asked, surprised. "Of course, who wouldn't?" he stated, passing me my coat from the bench.

This guy was in my grade, had been attending the school for the past 2 years apparently as I newly found out from our recent conversations, shared around three classes with me, and had come to my skating competitions. 

Why had I only met him two weeks ago?

Pushing back my thoughts, I beamed at his comment and put on my coat. "Thank you, I'll be right back, my coach just wants to talk to me real quick," I informed, as he nodded. 

I made my way over to the other side of the auditorium where my coach, Mr Min stood.

"Hey coach, how was it today?" I asked as I approached him. "Excellent as always Sunghoon, your hard work is paying off. Just keep timing your jumps and spins, make sure to control your speed, and we'll have the final trophy in the bag," he urged, clapping me on the back.

"Will do coach, when is our next practice?". "On Monday, usual time. I see you have some plans today huh?" he voiced, nodding towards Jake who was scrolling through his phone, waiting patiently. "Ah yeah, a friend of mine. We have some things to do for the school fest," I responded. "You seem to have taken his praise quite highly," Mr Min teased with a smug smile on his face.

"Ah come on, I'm always like this with any sort of praise," I claimed defensively. "Sure, when the other four praise you, you just glare at them and ask them what sort of blackmail they have on you," he pointed out, chuckling.

"Hey, they're idiots and I have known them for such a long time. This guy is as pure as milk and we just met a few weeks ago," I declared, mentally rolling my eyes at what happened at the last competition.

"Whatever you say Sunghoon-ah. Have fun" he said before walking away. I just shook my head as I walked back to Jake. "Ready to go?"

.。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。.

It was nearing December so the weather had become increasingly colder. The two of us pulled our coats around us tightly as we sauntered down the road. "How do you manage in the rink with such cold weather?" Jake questioned as he rubbed his hands together.

"Heating packs, frequent breaks, and of course hot chocolate," I responded as my stomach grumbled at the thought of eating something. Apparently, even Jake heard it as he let out a small chuckle. "Let's stop and get something to eat, it's way too cold to walk around with an empty stomach."