queen of my heart

millie's pov:- 

"you gotta get ready, troublemaker. who'll ace your drivers license test if you dont get off the phone?", y/n's cheery voice sounded from the other side of the line. 

"but im talking to you", i complained. 

"yes, now hang up on my face and get your ass to the garage for last minute pointers", she said to me on the phone. 

"okay jeez", i said and heard her laugh from the other side as i disconnected the call. 

after a while, i walked inside wolfhard automobiles to see maeve actually working on a car for a change. 

"sup", she said, not looking up from whatever part she was fixing.

"hey. where's y/n?", i asked her. she dropped the tool with a clink and finally looked at me, pushing her hair away from her eyes. 

"been stuck in wolfhard's office for the past 20 minutes. dont think she's gonna come out of there soon", maeve said to me, shrugging. 

"and what about my driver's license test?", i asked maeve. 

"thats today? i dont know, just wait it out i guess", she said to me, resuming her work on the vehicle. 

"alright.."

i walked closer to wolfhard's office and saw y/n frown through it's translucent door.

i was going to walk across and up to her room until something caught my ears. 

"you know. dont make me say it", wolfhard said. his voice did not sound angry, just a bit disappointed.  

"boss...i..", y/n seemed to be at a loss of words. did she do something? 

i stood a bit farther away; out of their vision so i could hear what was going on. 

"that girl...you're falling for her", wolfhard said. wait a second...were they talking about...me?

I saw y/n hastily try to explain herself, but it seemed like wolfhard didn't want to hear it. i tore my gaze away from them.

"don't let them get to your head. they're always like that. your precious y/n is fine", i heard maeve say, still working on her car.

"right.."

-

"is that all i need to show you?", i asked the driving test examinor.

"ya want more?", he asked, frustrated.

i wordlessly did whatever was asked of me; i knew my stuff by then. i stared back at him after completing my task.

"ive seen enough."

i trudged back to the garage, my mind still latched onto the conversation between wolfhard and y/n. what problem was our relationship causing wolfhard?

i entered the garage and Ximena immediately ran up to me.

"did you get it? did you make it?", she asked, eyes widened.

"huh?"

"your driving test dummy", gaten reminded me.

"right. about that...", i faked a melancholic expression.

"miley has let the crew down", finn drew his conclusion.

"on the contrary..", i said and pulled out my brand new driving license, a smile of accomplishment curving my lips. the crew erupt into cheers.

"i knew you could do it, troublemaker", y/n said, looking at me fondly.

"all thanks to you"

"this calls for celebration! let's have a fun fucking night!", gaten screamed.