adrienne from paris

millie's pov:-

"SHIT, what on earth am i gonna wear for my senior yearbook photo?", i spoke to myself, almost destructing my wardrobe. 

"not this...nope...no...ok this might work", i said, finally picking one outfit. i hastily put it on and hustled downstairs. 

"you look wonderful! know what, make it the diamond photo package", my dad said to me, smiling. 

"uhhh, got it, byedadloveyou!", i said to him, all mushed in one word. 

"hang on, i was just making you the millie special breakfast-"

"NO TIME DAD"

"alright, HAVE A GREAT PHOTOSHOOT KID", my dad called after me. 

"THANKS"

-

soon, i was next in line for photos in the school library, watching as maya got hers taken. 

"yes! flawless! work it, work it! have you ever modelled?", the photographer complimented maya. 

"why, yes, i have", she replied proudly. 

maya got up, flipping her hair as she walked past me. 

"try not to break the camera", she said to me, sneering. 

"i'll try not to break your heart instead", i said to her. 

"ex-cuse me? did you just...? were you--?", she stuttered. it was kinda funny to watch. 

"NEXT!", the photographer called. 

i walked up to the chair maya was sitting before and took a spot in front of the camera. 

"c'est magnifique! each person in this school is more stunning and fashionable than the last", the photographer said. 

"thanks", i said and spared a glace for maya who was visibly fuming. 

"strike your best pose", the photographer said and started snapping pic after pic, bulbs flashing over and over. i held my smile. 

"perfection! you'll always remember yourself this way...", he said, checking the photos. 

in the back of the library, sadie and noah were waiting for me. 

"you looked amazing up there! so cute", sadie said to me, all bubbly. 

"hey thanks", i said to her. 

"how be we go get some chicken tenders?", noah asked the two of us, putting his arm over sadie's shoulder. 

"oi! you two! how about we get some pictures of the beautiful, happy couple?", the photographer asked the two of them. 

"us? that would be great--", noah started but got cut off by sadie. 

"nah, i dont feel it right now. im sick of pictures for today", sadie said, making sure to not make eye contact with noah. 

"u ok, sades? like, you love couple pictures. remember how many selfies--", noah asked her. 

"i just dont want to right now, okay noah?!", sadie snapped. 

"...okay. guess i'll just see you in bio then...", noah said and left the library, his head bent low. 

"sadie? what was that about?", i asked her. 

"it doesn't matter. we dont need to talk about it", she said, shaking her head. 

"not even me? your best friend?", i asked her. she chuckled. 

"haven't seen my best friend around so much lately", she said.