where i belong

millie's pov:-

the alarm rang on my bedside table, but i didn't even need it. i'd been awake all night. i got out of bed, and freshened up in the washroom.

my mind ran on wheels of its own, puzzling me on which way to go. the conversation that i overheard my dad have yesterday, ran over and over in my head.

what did the crew have planned? what was going to happen at the mall basement today? and what did my dad have to do with it?

i got changed into clean clothes and walked downstairs where my dad set up the breakfast table.

"oh, hey kid, morning", he said to me. i nodded back at him and got seated at the table.

"where'd you go yesterday? and when did you come back? i went up to your room to check if you were there and of course you were. i didnt notice you coming in though", he asked me.

"i was out with a few friends. came back later, forgot to check the time", i said to him.

"alright. well, i gotta get going, got a lot of patients", he told me with a chuckle, pulling up his sleeve to check the time on his wristwatch.

"do you have any appointments at 10:00 today?", i asked him abruptly.

"10:00 a.m? uh, yeah i do. an...important one. why do you ask?", he asked me, creasing his eyebrows.

"just...like that. yeah, no reason", i said to him, shrugging my shoulders to make it look believable.

"well...im leaving, get to school safe", he said to me.

"yeah"

he walked out of the house, closing his door on the way out.

i let out a deep breath, not sure what to do. should i tell the mercy park crew about this? or should i just keep quiet about the whole thing and take my dad's side? but wouldn't i be breaking the crew's trust while doing so?

what do i do?

y/n's pov:-

"everybody? clear about the plan?", maeve asked the crew. we'd been up all night after millie left, planning it out, so that the dealing would go off without a hitch. the entire crew nodded.

"good plan laid out maeve, y/n and finn", wolfhard complimented us.

"okay, maeve and y/n, take your mitsubishis. gaten and ximena, take your own cars. you'll wait outside according to plan", wolfhard said. maeve and i made our ways towards the brand new mitsubishis parked in the garage that we were going to sell.

i turned the ignition on, reversing the car. maeve's car went out of garage first. i followed closely. ximena's car was in front of the two mitsubishis, gaten's at the back. wolfhard's car stayed on our right, finn's motorcycle on our left. we made sure the mitsubishis were well protected.

"we're taking the left, we cant risk the main road", i spoke into the earpiece that each member of the crew had.

"on it", ximena's reply came in. soon our cars drove around in unknown, uncrowded roads.

"where's our security guard", i heard maeve's voice through the earpiece. she was referring to one of the security guards at the mall that we had bribed to cover for us.

"that tall man with the manbun", wolfhard said to us through the earpiece.

i saw wolfhard's hand poke out of his car window and signal something to the security guard. the tall man immediately walked over to wolfhard's aylesbury. we waited as they talked.