gashes of love

millie's pov:-

back in wolfhard's garage, y/n stepped into the light. for the first time, i could actually how badly she was hurt. 

"oh shit. y/n your eye is redder and blacker than i thought..", i said, my panicked eyes fixated on her bruises. 

"they didnt mess up the moneymaker of the crew, did they?", she joked. still, she gingerly touched her face and winced, like i expected. 

"you didnt need to go to all this trouble for me", i said to her, feeling guiltier than ever. 

"yes. i did.", she replied in a few words, staring straight into my eyes. i sighed, reaching out to touch my fingers tenderly to her face. 

"im ok. ive been in a lot of fights before. they only got a couple of kicks in", she said to me, reassuring me that she was fine. 

"its looks like more than a just couple...", i said to her. 

"someone should get a first aid kit. you know, just check out for any injuries", maeve said. 

"i got one in my room", y/n said to me.

"millie, go up with her and manage all of those wounds, will ya? we've got some work down here", ximena asked me. i nodded. 

"yes sure. come on y/n", i said, turning to her, worried about her. we walked upstairs. 

she flicked on a lamp and pulled open a drawer, handing a first aid kit over to me. 

"do your worst", she joked with a bright smile. 

"sit", i said to her, pointing at the bed.

y/n sat on the edge of the bed. i moved over closer to her as she took off her leather jacket and the chains that dangled from her neck. i noticed a red cut running from her collarbone. 

"you're, uh, you're gonna have to take off that shirt", i said to her, fumbling and not being able to bring myself to look her in the eyes. 

"i knew you were just trying to get me undressed", she said to me, smirking. 

"if you keep that up, this is gonna be more painful and longer than you think", i said to her. she shook her and sighed with a smile. her hands went down to the edges of her shirt, pulling it off. 

i took in the little details of her body, not realising that i was staring at her.

"that is very unprofessional on your side doc", y/n said to me, sitting comfortably, her lips quirked up in the same smirk. 

"lucky for you, im not a professional", i played along, finally tearing my eyes away from her. 

i sat beside her, examining the gashes running across y/n's collarbone. 

"they got you pretty good", i muttered to her, still checking the cuts. 

"not good enough, i can still walk", she said. 

i grabbed some peroxide and dabbed it on. i heard a small wince of pain escape her mouth. 

my spare hand went to her face, turning it towards me. 

"listen to me, its ok, its ok", i said, looking straight into her eyes. she nodded. 

i resumed my work on her collarbone. she breathed hard, her fists balling into the bedsheets. 

after a while of watching her endure pain, i finally got the cut bandaged up. i moved to look at y/n's face. 

"thats better, innit?", i asked her. she laughed. 

"your british accent sounds so hot", she said out of the blue. 

"oh god, this girl", i said. 

"ok are we done wrapping me up?", she said and almost stood up. 

"nope nope nope nope, sit back down", i said, gently pushing her back to the bed. 

"what's left?", she asked me. 

"your face is full of marks", i said to her, and got an ointment out. cupping her face with one hand, i applied it on all the smaller cuts on her face. 

i noticed her eyes were staring at me but i did not distract myself from what i was doing. as i pulled back, she took my hand. 

"yes?", i asked. she furrowed her eyebrows, like thinking of what of to say. 

"uh, nothing just, yeah, stay with me for a while.", she said to me. 

"that i will. im here. youre okay", i said to her with a smile, screwing the cap of the ointment tube back on. 

she stared into the void, still thinking. 

"is there something you want to say?", i asked her. 

"yeah, uh...nobody's really taken care of me like this. i mean this is not my first fight but this is definitely the best care i've ever recieved. im not saying the others aren't much of a help, im just saying...you're the best among them", she said, smiling to herself, looking somewhere on the floor. 

"you certainly need it, love", i said to her, my voice softening. her eyes lit up and she looked at me with a sweet smile. 

"what?", i asked her. 

"say that again", she said to me, holding her smile. 

"say what?", i asked her with a chuckle, genuinely not understanding what she was talking abobut. 

"no no no you say that again troublemaker", she said, turning around to face me totally so she didnt have to turn her head everytime. 

"you certainly need it...love...?", i said, almost in the form of a question. her smile grew wider and fonder. 

"you calling me that is music to my ears", she said. 

"saying wha- oh, calling you love", i said to her, a smirk spreading on my face. 

"caught me", she said, bending her head down. 

i shuffled closer to her, my hair falling on my eyes. she stared up at my eyes, gently tucking the strand behind my ear. i brought my face closer to hers. 

i felt her soft lips on mine. my hand went to her back, making sure to be gentle with her bruises and cuts. her hand rested on my waist, gradually moving up in the process. i broke apart for air, then slowly felt her work her way down my neck. 

a little moan escaped my lips as her hair got strangled up in my fingers. she pulled me closer to her, one hand stroking my neck lightly, which gave me shivers. she unbuttoned the first button of my shirt, draping it down my shoulder, kissing my collarbone. 

i took in a huge breath, liking every bit of it. she gently pushed me down to the point where i was laying on bed and she laid on top of me. my hair spread out on the bed as hers tickled me. 

i pulled her to me, holding the nape of her neck. with one final kiss she broke away, smiling at me. i smiled back, breathless. 

her pretty frame towered over me as she slowly lowered herself to rest her head on my chest. i stroked her hair, holding on tight to her. 

"you shouldnt have fought that bad for me", i slowly said to her. 

"i had to. you're too special to me", she said to me. 

"you too", i said to her, rubbing my cheek against her head. 

she got comfortable, pulling the sheets above us and rested her head back up on me. i held her close, not wanting to let go-- never wanting to let go. 

"go to sleep, love. you need it", i said to her. she chuckled, not opening her eyes. 

"you too...troublemaker"