Your Baby

Arohi's POV:

I thought Papa and Mumma would accept me but they denied me when they got to know that I'm pregnant with Arjun's baby. It's been 3 months since he left me all alone, naked and broken. Mumma slapped me while Papa refused to even look at me. They said that my child is a bastard and I can't take it.

It was 2 months later when I got to know that my periods were due. I brought a pregnancy test kit and checked. My whole world collapsed when the stick showed the 2 lines. I am carrying a life inside. My baby. The symbol of my love. I cried the whole day wishing Arjun is here and we can convey this news to mine and his parents together. Alas! He left me. He will regret this when he gets to know that he has a baby.

I went alone to the hospital and the gynaecologist confirmed that I was 2 months pregnant. My heart pinched when I saw the husbands accompanying their wives. I at least believed that Mumma and Papa would accept me, but they called me a disgrace and forced me to abort my child.

How can one kill their blood? I immediately booked a train ticket to Mumbai and came here. I thought I wouldn't have to see this house, but this became my adobe since then. This is where I started living. I promised myself not to visit his home but I couldn't stop myself when I occasionally look at it. I feel like he is watching me from the corridors. I went inside a few times when I missed him. It became my harbour of feelings when I need to get away from everything.

Mr Tiwari who always used to yell at me for my loud music helps me a lot. He and his wife started helping me with a few things when they got to know that I got pregnant with Arjun's child and he left me.

" How are you Arohi?" Mrs Tiwari asked me looking at my 3-month-old baby bump.

" I'm good aunty. Just that I've been sleeping a lot lately. Probably my baby doesn't want to let me sleep all day." I laughed and she smiled.

" Tiwari ji tumhare liye butter naan aur panner laye hai. Vo kudh apne haathon se banaye the." She said wiggling her eyebrows and Mr Tiwari snorted at his wife.

" Aapko ye sab karne ki zaroorat nahi hai uncle." I said smiling a little.

" Aise kaise hoga? Nahi tho apne chote Dalvi sahab nahi manenge." He jested and my smile faltered. I don't want to remember him.

" Come on, it's getting cold. Have your breakfast." Mrs Tiwari said and I nodded forwarding the plates. They had their breakfast along with me and we spoke about his son and gori bahu whom their son married 8 months before.

I started singing as the background singer for a few movies and one approached me listening to me humming during the break. Later I got to know that it was some Sridhar sir who recommended me. I cross-checked and he said that he heard my music which I composed with Ramit, Raghav and Roshan. I haven't seen them from then again.

"Are you still taking tuitions beta?" Aunty asked and I nodded. Who would refuse Rs 35000?

" I need to aunty. I have my baby now." I said and she nodded in agreement.

Days are passing quickly and I got a call from the same person who asked me to sing as the main vocalist. They made me stand in the studio and opposite sat the music director.

We finally settled on one tune after going through 5 types. I said him that after this, I'm not gonna change my tone and he ended up picking my 2nd tune.

" Arohi, once more. I just want your sur a bit high in the Antara." He said and I showed him my thumb. It went on and the music director nodded his head at my 6th attempt.

" Well done Arohi. Would you take the offer to sing in my next movie?" He asked scratching his neck and I looked at him like he is a ghost.

Just tell me he is speaking the truth and he is not joking. Who would reject this offer?

" Sure sir," I said still in a daze. He asked for my contact number and I gave him my professional number. I smiled at him and left there. I took the auto and went home. Time for the tuition. These tuitions are the only things that are funding my life now and occasionally those singing chances.

I don't know when I turned 9 months pregnant. I was in depression most of the time, with no one around to take care of me and my baby, and no one to ask what I crave. There were numerous nights when I woke up suddenly remembering him and crying. My baby is my only hope. I'm hanging with this life because of my baby.

And this night too, I slept with tears but not in my room. It's Arjun's. I miss him.

Please come back, Arjun. I and our baby need you.

His scent is still lingering in this room and the studio has our memories still fresh. The night went just like the beautiful night I had with Arjun. I woke up early and stepped down holding my heavy bump. I freshened up and my stomach started aching. I feel like someone is pulling my bundle of nerves. Tears pooled due to unbearable pain. I took heavy breaths and called Mrs Tiwari.

" Aunty, I think it's time. Can you please call uncle?" I asked in pain. They are in my house within 5 minutes with the car in front of my house.

" Arohi, get up baby. Let's go to the hospital." Mrs Tiwari said trying to pull me up. I showed the wardrobe where the money is.

" Money is in the draw," I said and she said that she'll take them later. They took me to the hospital and I'm on the verge of screaming. They took me to the OT and sweat beads started to drench the pillow. They plugged a few pipes into my skin and the oxygen mask into my face.

" Arohi, can you hear me?" The doctor asked and I bearly nodded.

" God, she is losing her consciousness. And she is too weak to go for a normal delivery." The doctor said and the nurse started preparing the scrubs.

They injected me the anaesthesia and soon I lost consciousness. By the time I opened my eyes, I am in another room. The nurse went out and a doctor came in.

" How are you Arohi?" The doctor asked and I nodded.

" My baby." I whispered and she showed me the crib.

" It's a baby boy Arohi. Congratulations." She exclaimed happily and a small smile formed on my lips.

I wish Arjun is here today with me.

The nurse brought my baby boy to me and he looked so adorable. My baby! His nose and lips are just like Arjun's. I bore you for 9 months and you took Arjun's features, baby?

I gently kissed his forehead and Mr and Mrs Tiwari entered inside with big smiles on their lips.

" There goes our little champ." He said elatedly.

" What do you wanna name him Arohi?" Mrs Tiwari asked and I looked at my baby who is sleeping in the white towel.

" Siddhansh." I said and they smiled.

" A perfect part of you." Mr Tiwari said taking my baby into his arms.

I'll never hide anything about Arjun with you my baby. I will hide you from this cruel world and protect you with all my will. I'll make you capable enough to say that you don't need a father to be successful. I'll become your everything. I'll make you everything that I lacked Anshu.

Mine and Arjun's life may not tune with each other, but ours are always TUNING HEARTS.

||THE END||

With Love❤️
introvert_2001

Word Count: 1375.