episode three

Episode three: the Canadian streets

October the 12th – Republic of Canada – Nunavut – Iqaluit – 1:21 PM

ERRRRR! The doors of dropship ramp opened as the ships engines slowly settled down and turned off, the sun glared at bottom the ramp, as the ramp lowered into a snowy ground.

THUNK! Tomah, Gemini, Phantom, Nero and Lorenzo slowly walked down the ramp as their boots and shoes bumped against the ramps metal ridges. As they walked into the snow Tomah turned around to look at Vorken and say to him "dad, if I give you the signal on my phone, that means engage, okay?" he said referring to texting him that they were ready to engage when they were in the nightclub; Vorken replied with a "yes, stay safe though Tomah and fight well!" Vorken then raised his arm in the half-way in the air the closing his fist as it was a gesture to the Venato as good luck.

Then Malackmoor and even Nova did the same; as the ship ramps slowly went up which made it slightly emotional for them, Tomah waved his hand at them, he then turned around to see himself on a hill overlooking the small town like city Iqaluit. Then Phantom yelled to Tomah at the lower half of the snowy hill "Hey, Tomah hurry up we got a mission on our hands!" she said encouraging him along.

Then Tomah skidded down the snowy hill, his boots dug into the snow as he slid down with all the friction. He slid past an old dying tree which looked lonely in the snow, he looked at it for a slight second which reminded him it's almost winter which would mean it's cold especially here in Nunavut where it's one of the most north states on earth.

As the snow broke as he slid down with his efficient speed, it came to a screeching halt as he stopped besides Phantom, then Phantom said, "I thought you we're going to go flying through the snow and smash your head into a poll!" she laughed in relief. Then Tomah added "well, I'm use to it now, since it uses to snow a lot where I lived" he chuckled back. They both laughed at one another as they walked down the hill.

They then got closer to the city, as the lights from the Iqaluit got seemingly closer and closer. They walked to the bottom of the hill onto a pathway which in the distance lead to the city entrance. On the pathway the looked to the side to see a road with campervans and trucks driving in and out of the city, which was protected by a stone wall surrounding it.

They walked under the streetlights which were on still, since it would only get dark in a few hours, as well the city itself looked like it was made in the 1960's as most of the buildings were made of brick and most large buildings were large, renovated cottages.

As they looked Gemini said "why would get extracted here? This is too odd, Finland as well, the only thing in common these places have is that it's in the north" she said to Lorenzo, then Lorenzo replied "I do think it is because there extraction point may not be on earth but in fact a completely different solar system as both Finland and Canada as well the Philippines, Norway and Greenland are to only countries which have space gates located there" he said stringing it together.

Then Tomah replied "space gates? You mean the massive launch sites which send ships into hyperspace, it only takes then 3 days to get from the Milky Way to Andromeda, that's all I know about them, I had no idea we had space gates on earth!" he said surprised that earth had space gates used for intergalactic travel on them. Then Lorenzo suggested by saying "when we find and interrogate this individual, we should find out about this system there travelling to, or the coordinates..." they then added "that's if they are truly here to go to a space gate though" he said more laid back.

They all continued walking down through the snowy and ice pathway as they got closer to the city only 56 meters away now. They continued walking as Phantom then walked besides Gemini and said, "what's with the whole wearing silky and thin robes when you knew we were going somewhere cold?" she said pondering and questioning her. Then Gemini replied "well, my species are use to the cold as were reptiles, so we absorb every single little bit on energy from the sun!" she said enthusiastically explaining it to her.