Junko Enoshima

Btw the simulation is glitching. That's why Nagito is there even though he died.

When I woke up again, I felt odd. I went to the dining hall. On the way there, I saw Nagito.

"Hey, Hajime!" He smiled.

"Nagito, Hey."

"Sonia said to go to the dining hall. She said she found some kind of clue as to where we are." He grabbed my hand and dragged me over to the dining hall.

"Hey, I brought Hajime!" He waved to the others.

"Thank you, Nagito." Sonia smiled. "I was about about get inside Nezumi castle and found out what the password to the old ruin is. It is 11037. Let us head there right now."

We all followed here and opened the door. Monokma appeared and told us to investigate. Then, everything fell apart, we were in an entirely new building.

I decided to ignore the clearly illogical situation and just investigate. After I'd found all the evidence, the class trial started. I explained that we're in some sort of simulation. After Monokuma tried to persuade us to stay in there, a guy named Makoto appeared. Turns out, he wasn't the actual Makoto and soon enough, the real deal and two of his friends appeared. He started trying to tell us we're the 'remnants of despair'.

"But that can't be! There's no proof of that!" Kazuichi yelled. Suddenly, an image appeared in front of me. It was gone as soon as it appeared.

But... I saw Nagito, smiling at me. His hand... No, Junko's hand was leaned against a wall. He looked like he was in the middle of talking when the picture was taken.

"No way... Nagito cut off his own arm and replaced it with Junko's... Why? How could he do that?!" I asked.

"Because he got brainwashed." Junko stated.

"But how?!" I yelled.

"You remember Chiaki, right? I killed her in front of all of you. That's what got you brainwashed. She's the only one who was just an AI placed in this simulation." She explained.

"Wh-what?" Sonia asked, eyes wide in shock. "Chiaki... was dead this whole time?"

"Sure was! Isn't that just sooooo despair-inducing?" She asked in a sing-songey voice.

"Oh! Oh! I forgot to mention this! Hajime, you know about Izuru, right?"

"You mean Izuru Kamukura? I do, why?"

"Well... that's you."

"Huh?"

"You were the one surviving reserve course student! You were the one who got turned into my best buddy Izuru! You were the one who planted the virus into the Neo World Program!" She laughed.

"No... I-I... I didn't... I don't get it..."

"Oh, that's fine, I'll just elaborate a bit. You're Izuru Kamukura you're Izuru Kamukura you're Izuru Kamukura you're-"

"Shut up!" I shouted at her. "Leave me alone!" I looked around.

Everyone was staring at Junko with wide eyes. They had given up.

"Hajime, you need to-" Makoto started.

"No... How can I choose? Either I stay here or... get turned back into Izuru... Why do I have to decide on my own..?"

I closed my eyes and saw Nagito again. We were in my cottage, sitting on the bed.

"Nagito... what should I do?"

"You mean what you should choose?" He tilted his head.

"Uhm... I can't tell you that." He frowned. "I'm sorry, I wish I could, but... this is your choice, not mine."

He took one of my hands in his.

"I'm not here right now, but you are. Choose what you think is right. I think... I really believe you deserve to be confident, you know? And if you do that, if you choose what you think is right... I believe you can bring us back. I believe in you."

He smiled.

"I know this is a lot. Especially finding out Chiaki wasn't real this whole time, but... you can do it!" He grinned. "I'm sure you can convince the others too!"

"Nagito..." I looked at him. "Thank you."

"No problem. Now, go save your friends, okay? And... if we're lucky, see you soon." I opened my eyes again.

"He's right, I have to make my own choice. And I... I'll do it! I'll go out there and face the reality, no matter how harsh it is!" I said.

"Hajime?" Kazuichi looked at me. "Are you sure about this?" I nodded, smiling.

"We can do this and we can bring the others back. I'm sure of it!"

"If you say so, then... I won't complain." He grinned.

"Yeah, that's true. Hajime's clever, he knows what he's doing." Akane agreed.

"I will agree as well." Sonia nodded.

"You guys are right. We can do this!" Fuyuhiko smiled and pressed the button, as did the others and I. After that, Monomi destroyed Junko and Makoto, Kyoko and Byakuya thanked us, saying they'll see us soon.

Slowly everything started falling apart again.

"I-I'm scared..." Kazuichi said. Fuyuhiko reluctantly grabbed his hand.

"It'll be okay." He reassured him. With that, the simulation shut off.