Chapter twenty one

Chapter twenty one: coronation and a traitor
"hey it's Ashley, leave a message after the beep!" I heard Ashley's voicemail. ugh she never answers when i need her the most. M-text me asap, i really need to speak to you x' i type quickly and continue my search. I checked back at the pool and no one was there. I checked the ballroom and the dining room and they were both empty apart from the people decorating for my coronation tomorrow. sHiT my coronation is tomorrow. oh no. it completely slipped my mind once again.

There is so much to do. my whole class will find out my secret. I can only hope that they don't hate me. oh my god. Luka. He's for sure. He will think that because I rule China, I'll be just like chloe. This is a stressful time. "your highness, are you okay?" one of the staff members asked me concerned. I straightened myself up. "Oh yes. I'm fine, thank you." I smile at him and start to leave the room and go to the next. still no sign of them. where are they ughh.

Suddenly my phone started ringing. it was Luka oh no. has he found out. wait, maybe he's with Ashley. I answered quickly. "um h hi Luka." I stutter. "Hey Milly. where are you?" he asked me in a gentle voice. "oh, i'm in some room next to the ballroom looking for you all. especially Ashley, have you seen her?" i say, not stuttering once. it's weird but i was kinda proud of myself. "Yeah, everyone is in the library. we're playing truth or dare, you wanna join us?" he asks. "Sure, I'll be right there. bye.'' I say and put the phone down. the library, why did i not think of that? but playing truth or dare could go one way or another with Ashley. It's dangerous playing such a game with a matchmaker like Ashley.

Luckily, the ballroom was only a few staircases away from the library so I got there pretty quickly. "Hey girl! are you coming to play?" she asks me with a glint in her eye. She was up to something but I couldn't figure out what. "um actually i.." I began to speak but I saw everyone looking at me, clearly wanting me to sit down with them and play. "...I would love to." I smile. "But I do need to talk to you!" I say, my smile disappearing. she nods her head as she makes space in between her and Luka for me to sit down, and there it was. Her plan was as clear as day. She was trying to get me with Luka. playing truth or dare was her idea no doubt.

I shake my head and smile again. I saw Luka smile a little too. Then it hit me. oh my- i'm sitting next to Luka. It's very likely I could have a heart attack right now. "So since Milly just joined, I say that she goes first." Griffin says wickedly. ugh "um okay, sure." I smile. I sigh internally. "Truth or dare?" Griffin asks. hmmm. truth or dare. I'm not making myself look like a fool this time in front of Luka. "dare. no truth. no dare.'' I cringe at myself. "which is it, mari?" Alex groans out loud. "hmm dare. yeah, dare.'' I say, my confidence growing. "Okay then. I dare you to...kiss the person on your left." Alex said mischievously. this. cannot. be. happening.

Luka is on my left. No, c'mon Milly. be more confident. be more determined. be more...like Ashley! I smirked as I saw Luka's cheeks turn a rosy color. I leaned towards him, making it look as though I was going for his lips, I quickly dodge his lips and go for his cheek, planting a small peck on the side of his face. The class looked sort of dumbfounded. Ashley is sneaky and clever in a sarcastic way. That's exactly what I was going for. While I still had my little amount of confidence I gave Luka a cheeky wink to which his jaw dropped. a blush grew upon my face at his action.

I saw the rosy shade on Luka's cheek became a darker color. The game lasted only an hour but it seemed longer. my confidence never wavered throughout. although i picked truth for nearly all my goes. as the room was clearing out i quickly pulled Ashley aside. "Hey girl, what's up? you wanted to talk to me right?" my best friend spoke. she had a concerned look on her face. "There's been a disaster. my father and aunt...my father and aunt are making me get married. they-they've set up a bunch of strange men that they think are suitable and come from wealthy families for me to meet next week! I can't marry any of them.