Chapter 44

"You destroyed my sandcastle!" Adelaide cried running to Emily who swooped her into her arms "He destroyed my castle mummy,"

Adelaide had stated warming up to Emily and although it took some patience and time the girl went from calling her Emily to calling her mummy, Emily had been right in thinking the girl was abused she'd pulled some strings and gotten Adelaide's file and the young girl had lived with her mum who was a drug addict so she'd always have random burst every now and then and shout sometimes even smack the poor child.

So when Adelaide started calling her mummy it meant a lot, it showed her that Adelaide saw her as her caregiver, she trusted her and although it wasn't the same way she trusted William, Emily was happy that her little girl saw her as a mother, it was different with William as Adelaide grew up without a father figure so she had taken to him quicker, since she never had a bad experience with a man.

"I'm sure he just wants to play with you," Emily said wiping her tears.

"He can't play with us," she cried giving her younger brother a look.

"But look at him he's so cute," Emily pleaded as Louis threw her a mischievous grin, he was too energetic for his own good, it was like he'd stolen all of Theo's energy as Theo was 'reading' a book with her, although the book had no words, he just wanted to be like his mum.

"He is," Adelaide agreed jumping off of Emily to go pinch her brothers cheeks in a playful manner as Emily sighed resting back on her chair, they had decided that with all the drama that was going around that they needed a break, they deserved a break.

"Ellie," Theo would point out the pictures he saw every once in a while making Emily's heart melt, he was so invested in his little book, it seemed all their children loved to nickname animals.

"Yeah what is she doing?" She asked pulling him onto her lap.

"Shush mummy read," he said turning the page and showing her all the animals.

"Look at daddy," she said pointing at the man who had three ice cream cups while Charlotte and George followed licking their ice creams and an extra in their other hand.

"I want the neapolitan one, do they have?" She asked standing to examine the flavours.

"No but we got you rocky road," Charlotte said handing her mum the ice cream.

"This is perfect," she smiled giving her a hug.

Spending the days soaking in the sun, with her adorable but chaotic family she couldn't have asked for anything else, she knew things were probably going terribly on the other side of the pond but she didn't care, she needed this she deserved this, she sometimes felt like she was caring the weight on her shoulders, especially with the recent drama that involved them she felt like all eyes were on her and her family, some expecting them to fail while other wished for nothing but the best for the family seeing as they had lucked out with their sister in law.

"Is this karaoke night?" Emily questioned looking around at the lively bar which William had brought her too.

"Yepp I thought it would be nice,"

"Are you going to sing for me?" She asked with a giggle as he helped her into her chair.

"No, but you're going to sing,"

"No," she gasped looking at him in shock.

"Yepp," he said just as a name was read out making her go wide eyed, had he really signed her up.

"Are you serious?" the moment she asked that question her name was called out as people have a cheer.

"No," she shook her head with a blush covering her face with her hands.