"Pretty much," I mumbled. "Can we put on music?"

CJ nodded, and I switched through the radio stations until I found one I liked, and we turned up the volume and sang loudly on our way to school.

CJ gave me a look as we climbed out of her car. "We need to talk."

I faked horror. "You're not breaking up with me, are you?" I cried, looking towards her in disbelief.

She laughed. "You're not that lucky. But we seriously don't ever talk anymore, and I want to know exactly what happened at that party."

"Right," I said slowly. "Okay, wanna go get lunch at Subway? We can talk about it there."

She nodded, grinning. "Don't ditch me," she warned, wagging her finger mockingly at me.

"Got it," I said, turning away from her to go to my locker. "See ya."

"Bye," she called back. 

I walked into math and started talking to Charlotte before I even put my books down.

"Oh my god, Charlotte, did you hear?" I said excitedly. "Luke asked Brianna out in art yesterday!"

She jumped, a rare enough action for her. "Really?" She shrieked. "I mean, finally! I knew Luke liked her."

I laughed. "How long?"

"Truth or dare," she rolled her eyes at me. "Duh."

"What?" I asked, my eyebrows scrunching together in confusion. "Enlighten me."

Charlotte smiled and shook her head patronizingly at me, sitting down and resting her elbows, hands interlocked, on a desk.

"Where to begin," she mused. "Okay, I've got it. Did you see when Luke was dared to kiss someone, and they were deciding who, and Luke was just staring at Brianna, and then he would try to motion to the darers and look back at Brianna?"

I stared at her. "Stalker much?"

"No, he also got pretty upset and uncomfortable when Brianna had to kiss Jackson."

"Charlotte, that made me uncomfortable, too," I protested.

"Still," she said, looking meaningfully at me.

"Okay, sure, he liked her," I gave in.

Charlotte's head snapped towards the door, and I followed her gaze. Blaze walked through a second later. What the?

I looked away before Charlotte saw that I had witnessed that, shaking my head.

"Oh, hey, Blaze," I called a moment later, looking up as if for the first time.

"Hi, Jen. And Charlie," he smirked.

"It's Charlotte," she growled.

"Are you sure we shouldn't change it to something longer, like Charlotte-Ella-Anna-Marie-Lindsay?" He mocked.

"Maybe I'll just call you Blah, because that's exactly what your comebacks are. Nope, actually, you know what, I'm done," Charlotte snapped and stood up, Slamming her hands on the table. "You can call me Cha, because Cha better watch your back."

"Ooh, I'm soo scared," he mocked, putting a hand to his chest.

"Blaze," I sighed.

Charlotte glared at him, walking away. "You should be," she yelled back over her shoulder.

"Great, now what?" I asked Blaze, putting my hands on my hips.

"What?" He asked innocently.